Supplier for PQ Labs in Central Europe

You can talk about anything you like in this forum
brucerothwell

Re: Supplier for PQ Labs in Central Europe

Post by brucerothwell » 11 Jan 2017 07:10

I know I am late to the party on this discussion, but I must say that the Zaagtech frame really does not present any issues for me.

Yes, it may not be as "smooth" in fader movement, per the tests Silvano had me run, my practical experience has been that the movement is more than acceptable to me.

Sure, if I buy a new frame someday, I'd consider getting the more expensive PQ Labs G5S, but my Zaagtech is working well with DTouch on Pro Tools.

I have no complaints.

orthogonalrecords

Post by orthogonalrecords » 11 Jan 2017 07:27

Thanks Bruce!

I am working with the Iiyama prolite 27" together with Cubase IC Pro on the 12.9" iPad Pro for approx. 2 months now and can't say anything bad about that combo either.
However, no DTouch for me up to now since there is no version for Cubase/Mac yet, as you know.

I am using the Touch-Base drivers at the moment. That also works quite well (in fact much faster/easier than the hardware controllers I used to own) but without multitouch of course.

Best,
Markus

brucerothwell

Post by brucerothwell » 12 Jan 2017 23:36

Yeah, the Cubase/Mac thang is a concern to me -- we are actually considering moving off Pro Tools, and Cubase is a strong candidate, but I don't want to work without DTouch.

As an aside...

It amazes me that the same people that complain about touchscreens not having "real faders and knobs" are probably enjoying today's smartphones and tablets, and are probably big fans of Star Trek, where every hardware control is a touchscreen!