Dtouch displays, Softube Console 1, graphics card

You can talk about anything you like in this forum
DT_bettinzana

Re: Dtouch displays, Softube Console 1, graphics card

Post by DT_bettinzana » 14 Nov 2016 15:54

n0nspaz wrote:reply from PQ Labs :
For pro audio installations, I would recommend giving some thought to our G5 line of overlays. The G5 has a higher touch resolution and faster refresh rate when compared to our G4 series. This results in more accurate, faster, and smoother touch response from the overlay.

You would benefit from the G5 series for more accurate and precise adjustment of sliders or knobs. This is due to the higher touch resolution of our G5 series and faster refresh rate.

For TV display, some recommendations are: A 16:9 aspect ratio, minimum ½ inch bezel, and no buttons or speakers on the front of the bezel.
PQ Labs G5S 42 inches Overlay 4K - Basic Version --- approx $760 shipped to USA
I would add that the 6 touch-points model is the fastest. No need to have more touch-points for this application.

Their recommendations for the TV are really helpful. I suggest you to print the mechanical drawings of the PQ Labs frame and physically check the television with a ruler in a shop. Try to imagine how you will "glue" the PQ Labs frame to the television frame.

Does their price include the PQ Labs "mighty glass"?

IMPORTANT: DTouch will work with 1920x1080 resolution only. So, if you will purchase a television with a different resolution (4K), check that you can be able to set it at 19820x1080 (usually, this is a standard feature).
Silvano Bettinzana
Devil Technologies

n0nspaz

Post by n0nspaz » 16 Nov 2016 21:59

More from PQ:
All of our standard size overlays up to 84" come included with our Mighty Glass and is included in the price.

The 2K vs 4K is in reference to the touch resolution of our overlays. The 4K has a higher touch resolution and as a result can be more accurate than the 2K version. This would allow for more precise adjustments on the 4K version.

I have attached a mechanical drawing of our G5S and G4S 42" for your reference. The G4S and G5S will have the same dimensions.
Attachments
g5s-42-assembly.png
g5s-42-assembly.png (24.54 KiB) Viewed 7163 times

DAW-Support

Post by DAW-Support » 23 Nov 2016 12:55

DT_bettinzana wrote:
DAW-Support wrote:On number 3:

No problems running Console 1 and Dtouch at the same time. Both use completly different ways of interacting with your DAW.

cheers,
mathias
Mmm, wait a moment ... this is not correct.

n0nspaz: can you contact support@deviltechnologies.com? If you own the "Console 1", we can instruct you to perform some test to check a potential conflict between DTouch and Console 1.
Hi Silvano!

I've been running DTouch and Console 1 for over a year without problems. What could I have missed?

Cheers,
Mathias
DAW-Support

DT_bettinzana

Post by DT_bettinzana » 23 Nov 2016 15:24

DAW-Support wrote:
DT_bettinzana wrote:
DAW-Support wrote:On number 3:

No problems running Console 1 and Dtouch at the same time. Both use completly different ways of interacting with your DAW.

cheers,
mathias
Mmm, wait a moment ... this is not correct.

n0nspaz: can you contact support@deviltechnologies.com? If you own the "Console 1", we can instruct you to perform some test to check a potential conflict between DTouch and Console 1.
Hi Silvano!

I've been running DTouch and Console 1 for over a year without problems. What could I have missed?

Cheers,
Mathias
DAW-Support
Hello Mathias,
if Console 1 uses the Steinberg Remote Control SDK or HUI or Mackie Control Protocol to select the tracks in the Cubendo mixer, there could be some interferences between DTouch and Console 1. We could check this with you; contact us at support@deviltechnologies.com
Silvano Bettinzana
Devil Technologies

DAW-Support

Post by DAW-Support » 28 Nov 2016 13:35

Ah, I overlooked that the OP uses Cubase. I was speaking for Pro Tools (on OSX)...

n0nspaz

Post by n0nspaz » 01 Dec 2016 15:28

reply from Softube:

Hi Mark,

No, it doesn't use those protocols. In the hosts where track following is implemented, we use a extension of the VST3 protocol, if I understand correctly.

Best regards,
Mattias
Mattias Danielsson
Customer Support
Softube AB

DT_bettinzana wrote:
DAW-Support wrote:
DT_bettinzana wrote: Mmm, wait a moment ... this is not correct.

Hi Silvano!

Cheers,
Mathias
DAW-Support
Hello Mathias,
if Console 1 uses the Steinberg Remote Control SDK or HUI or Mackie Control Protocol to select the tracks in the Cubendo mixer, there could be some interferences between DTouch and Console 1. We could check this with you; contact us at support@deviltechnologies.com

DT_bettinzana

Post by DT_bettinzana » 01 Dec 2016 21:10

n0nspaz wrote:reply from Softube:

Hi Mark,

No, it doesn't use those protocols. In the hosts where track following is implemented, we use a extension of the VST3 protocol, if I understand correctly.

Best regards,
Mattias
Mattias Danielsson
Customer Support
Softube AB

DT_bettinzana wrote:
DAW-Support wrote:
Hi Silvano!

Cheers,
Mathias
DAW-Support
Hello Mathias,
Hello and thank you for your support!
I know that yesterday one of our guys has done a remote desktop session on a machine of a potential DTouch for Cubase user (with Console 1) and it was confirmed that there are no interferences between DTouch for Cubase and Console 1. At the moment Softube has not implemented the track selection in their Console 1 implementation for Cubase.
Anyway, at the light of the Softube support answer, it is supposed that they will use the same VST3 extension to implement the same feature for Cubase too.
That said, we can say that DTouch for Cubase is absolutely compatible with Console 1.
Silvano Bettinzana
Devil Technologies