Left mouse clicks not working when 27HUL is attached

You can talk about anything you like in this forum
hotnor

Left mouse clicks not working when 27HUL is attached

Post by hotnor » 20 Dec 2016 11:37

Cheers folks. Do anyone have the same issue as me with left mouse clicking beeing disabled when attaching a Touch Screen like the acer27HUL? In windows 7-64bit Im able to left click but double click is just not working. Inside DTouch for protools the left mouse click is just not present at all, however the touch works as a charm. Detaching the touch usb cable and rebooting all is well again....but ofcourse its back to operating Protools without the help of the DTouch. Any advice would be helpful.
I have tried all possible combinations of USB 2/3 ports, googled the problem extensively, adressed HP support as this happened both on my HP Laptop and a newly setup HP Z240, roamed Microsoft and any other driver related issue....but still stuck.

Brgds Tom

PT 12.6.1
DTouch 1.5.16
WIN7-64
Acer T27HUL
Hp 8560W, 16/512SSD
Hp Z240 T 32/500SSD

Constantine

Re: Left mouse clicks not working when 27HUL is attached

Post by Constantine » 20 Dec 2016 18:03

Hello,
hotnor

I suggest you to try your monitor on another system. Maybe this issue occur from a program or is incompatible with your system.

Constantine

DT_bettinzana

Post by DT_bettinzana » 20 Dec 2016 18:27

Hmm ... I remember something potentially related to this.
I don't wanna say a BS, but, if I remember well, it was something related to some driver for the Avid Artist Series HW.
I must check around. I will post something more here tomorrow.
Silvano Bettinzana
Devil Technologies

DT_bettinzana

Post by DT_bettinzana » 20 Dec 2016 18:36

Hello,
I found a workaround by one user who had a similar issue (he is a Cubase user, but I see some similarities).
Read his comment in the following:

The culprit of the weird mouse behaviour is the Avid software - mainly EuControl. If I close the EuControl program and kill MC_Client.exe, mouse returns back to normal. I can use it without a problem. Very very strange indeed. This is maybe interesting information for your customers who will have similar problems in the future.

Keep us informed about this issue.
Silvano Bettinzana
Devil Technologies

DT_bettinzana

Post by DT_bettinzana » 21 Dec 2016 14:05

Hello,

I add another tip received by that user who had the problem with the click (he has DTouch for Cubase on Windows 7):

I also managed to fix the weird mouse behaviour when running EUControl. I just had to roll back to version 3.3.1 because that is the last version that supports Windows 7 officially.

Hope this can be useful!
Silvano Bettinzana
Devil Technologies