Humm....Hummm

You can talk about anything you like in this forum
Home Studio 87

Humm....Hummm

Post by Home Studio 87 » 20 Jan 2017 21:18

So can you say before summer or after ;) ?

Talking about :

"I want to say that we are working on a massive update of DTouch for Cubase/Nuendo. We will implement a lot of huge improvements. I think that the new version will be a very great tool for a lot of audio engineers, musicians and, last but not least, for the composers."
Gigabyte GA-X99P-SLI / Intel Corei7 6800k / 32 Go DDR4 / 3x SSD / Win 10 Pro x64 / UAD Apollo Twin USB / UAD2 Satellite Octo USB / UAD2 Octo PCIe / Cubase Pro 10 / VEP6 / D-Touch Cubase / Console 1 / iPad 3 Lemur... /

DT_bettinzana

Re: Humm....Hummm

Post by DT_bettinzana » 20 Jan 2017 22:30

Home Studio 87 wrote:So can you say before summer or after ;) ?

Talking about :

"I want to say that we are working on a massive update of DTouch for Cubase/Nuendo. We will implement a lot of huge improvements. I think that the new version will be a very great tool for a lot of audio engineers, musicians and, last but not least, for the composers."
Summer?
I certainly say before the end of Winter!
For sure we will have:

- Current Integrated mixer will be optional (user choice) => If you don't use the Integrated mixer, you can use any kind of touchmonitor (any resolution, any scaling factor, ...). No conflicts with other External Controllers like all the EUCON ones (Avid Artist, Avid S3, ...). No alignment constraints => more freedom, support for Cubendo workspaces, almost trivial installation of DTouch

- Much improved floating mixer(s). It must take the job of the Integrated one.

- Custom defined panels with continuous value controls (like in Lemur or TouchOSC ...) for MIDI CC, remote control of HUI/Mackie_Control HW (analog summing mixer, analog monitor controller, ...).

- The previous panels can be opened on iPad(s) (multi iPads supported ...).

- Automatic read of Cubendo Expression Maps with auto creation of macro/key_switches/... panels.

- DTouch layout: like the Cubendo workspaces, but regarding the various panels, floating_mixer, macro folders ...

- Something more ...

Much work to be done, but we are very motivated!
Silvano Bettinzana
Devil Technologies

~ufo~

Post by ~ufo~ » 20 Jan 2017 23:24

Awesome. Hope some of that makes it to the PT version too!
Yvo van Gemert
Pro Tools Ultimate 2021.12 on 16 Core Ryzen 3950X, Iiyama T27, 23" Apple Cinema display, iPad with PT | Control app, no lava lamp.

DT_bettinzana

Post by DT_bettinzana » 21 Jan 2017 00:08

~ufo~ wrote:Awesome. Hope some of that makes it to the PT version too!
I hope the same!
The fact is that the lack of a good control protocol for PT makes me feel "frustrated" as an application developer.
Silvano Bettinzana
Devil Technologies

~ufo~

Post by ~ufo~ » 21 Jan 2017 00:40

DT_bettinzana wrote:
~ufo~ wrote:Awesome. Hope some of that makes it to the PT version too!
I hope the same!
The fact is that the lack of a good control protocol for PT makes me feel "frustrated" as an application developer.
Yeah, I can understand that. EuCon is quite powerful but I believe you could write software that can be controlled by EuCon but not controllers that can produce EuCon right? They've only opened it so far as that THEIR EuCon controllers can control other apps, but no one outside of them can create EuCon controllers. Yeah that sucks.

For me, most of the improvements requested ly in DTouch, MIDI and gesture support. So I don't think my preferences would require that much from a better control protocol.

- The Lemur kind of things of DTouch and or iPads will be cool.
- the proposed change in faders in that it can be a custom layout.
- custom defined panels
- better ways to navigate/scroll. maybe with gestures or a better scroll/zoom. I think we should be able to navigate and zoom tracks, waveforms, MIDI data without switching between modes. (okay, this may be trickier without a good protocol).

As always, happy to brainstorm with you guys or do alpha/beta testing!
Good luck on the Cubendo release. I'll be patient!
Last edited by ~ufo~ on 21 Jan 2017 11:18, edited 1 time in total.
Yvo van Gemert
Pro Tools Ultimate 2021.12 on 16 Core Ryzen 3950X, Iiyama T27, 23" Apple Cinema display, iPad with PT | Control app, no lava lamp.

Home Studio 87

Post by Home Studio 87 » 21 Jan 2017 00:43

My Godness............ :o :shock: 8-)
Gigabyte GA-X99P-SLI / Intel Corei7 6800k / 32 Go DDR4 / 3x SSD / Win 10 Pro x64 / UAD Apollo Twin USB / UAD2 Satellite Octo USB / UAD2 Octo PCIe / Cubase Pro 10 / VEP6 / D-Touch Cubase / Console 1 / iPad 3 Lemur... /

Constantine

Post by Constantine » 21 Jan 2017 22:46

This is really great news!!! :-)

clonewar

Post by clonewar » 24 Jan 2017 21:47

DT_bettinzana wrote:
Home Studio 87 wrote:So can you say before summer or after ;) ?

Talking about :

Summer?
I certainly say before the end of Winter!
For sure we will have:

- Current Integrated mixer will be optional (user choice) => If you don't use the Integrated mixer, you can use any kind of touchmonitor (any resolution, any scaling factor, ...). No conflicts with other External Controllers like all the EUCON ones (Avid Artist, Avid S3, ...). No alignment constraints => more freedom, support for Cubendo workspaces, almost trivial installation of DTouch

- Much improved floating mixer(s). It must take the job of the Integrated one.

- Custom defined panels with continuous value controls (like in Lemur or TouchOSC ...) for MIDI CC, remote control of HUI/Mackie_Control HW (analog summing mixer, analog monitor controller, ...).

- The previous panels can be opened on iPad(s) (multi iPads supported ...).

- Automatic read of Cubendo Expression Maps with auto creation of macro/key_switches/... panels.

- DTouch layout: like the Cubendo workspaces, but regarding the various panels, floating_mixer, macro folders ...

- Something more ...

Much work to be done, but we are very motivated!
Wow, that's quite a list, very exciting! Really looking forward to trying out the new features, and not being constrained to a particular monitor resolution is going to open up a lot of new possibilities. I'm already envisioning a setup with multiple smaller monitors running at lower resolutions, kind of the like the pods or stations we've talked about.

I'm very interested in what the new floating mixer will look like and what features it will have.. Will it work on resolutions lower than 1080p? It would be really nice if the Matrix window could be rearranged to be able to fit on a lower resolution screen too.
Michael Nazari

DTouch for Cubase Walkthrough:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-26Ca9Pyb4Y