your preferred monitor size?

You can talk about anything you like in this forum
~ufo~

Re: your preferred monitor size?

Post by ~ufo~ » 06 Feb 2017 10:51

That's a lot of screens.

So far I'm fine with my one 27"

I could be bigger, but I also have some rack space on either side that I want to be able to control.
A bigger screen would make that harder.

I do have second screen, a 23" that is above my DTocuh screen but I'm not using it for any Pro Tools or DTouch windows other than the video when I'm doing synch work.

I've always worked with two monitors, one for edit and one for mix, but since I'm fully in the box, I've been working on one.
This was originally mainly because I wanted my sessions to translate 100% between my macbook pro and mac pro.
But I've come to the conclusion that for my workflow, one screen is enough for me. If you make good use of track/show hide markers and window configurations, I don't see the need for multi monitors yet. I may get a second 27" to go above my current one, but I'm not sure.

The only times when I mis my ProControl is when I've got too many plugins on screen, that are covering my solo and mute controls.
I wouldn't mind if I had a a touch touch screen just for the faders part of the workflow, just like a controller.
Sadly, they don't make touch screens in that aspect ratio.
Yvo van Gemert
Pro Tools Ultimate 2021.12 on 16 Core Ryzen 3950X, Iiyama T27, 23" Apple Cinema display, iPad with PT | Control app, no lava lamp.