Apple will release modular Mac Pro, not going to put touch screen on iMac and Mac Pro

You can talk about anything you like in this forum
~ufo~

Apple will release modular Mac Pro, not going to put touch screen on iMac and Mac Pro

Post by ~ufo~ » 04 Apr 2017 18:24

Apple has finally addressed the Mac Pro thing. It will be modular in the new versions.
It will be accompanied by a new display with will almost certainly not be a touch screen.

They're also working on new iMacs, to take part of the pro market (likely 6 core models?) which will also not have touch screens.
Why? Because Apple thinks pros are not interested in it.

Well I guess that means I'll be leaving Apple.
I can't believe Apple but so many people in general cannot seem to get past the fact that, yes, it doesn't make sense to just 'slap' a touch screen on a macbook or iMac, it requires a redesign, but that doesn't mean touch screens are not useful ADDITIONS to (pro) computers.

A Touch screen does not have to replace your normal display, or keyboard, or mouse.
It can complement them and replace them if desired.
A touch screen can do the task of a normal monitor, no problem, but vice versa it won't work.

I can't believe people can be so so short sighted.
Here's your brand new 6k computer.... Your kid comes in, puts his fingers on it, walks away from that old, dumb computer.
Yeah.

Goodbye Apple, you're old.
Yvo van Gemert
Pro Tools Ultimate 2021.12 on 16 Core Ryzen 3950X, Iiyama T27, 23" Apple Cinema display, iPad with PT | Control app, no lava lamp.

brucerothwell

Re: Apple will release modular Mac Pro, not going to put touch screen on iMac and Mac Pro

Post by brucerothwell » 04 Apr 2017 20:15

I agree with ~ufo~.

If "pros" are not interested in touchscreens, than why do the new pro computers from Microsoft have touchscreens!

As ~ufo~ said, a touchscreen does not work as THE BEST method for all situations, but neither does a mouse, keyboard or trackpad.

Instead, you use any device when they are best suited.