Dtouch with Kontakt and Melodyne as plugins?

You can talk about anything you like in this forum
danahar

Dtouch with Kontakt and Melodyne as plugins?

Post by danahar » 02 May 2017 10:47

Awesome forum, but I can't tell how it would work with Kontakt and Melodyne as Nuendo plugins?

Also, when using these as standalone apps, or Samplitude, wouldn't a stylus be better with some type of Wacom device?

Any input is welcome, as well as info about the upcoming stylus for Dtouch.

I am going with 2 side by side 27" LCD so I can have a keyboard above and below it but I find LIMITED availability to choose from, especially with local service in a smaller town. Guess I'll go with this unless someone points out something I am missing:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/acer-touch- ... Id=2939134

Thank you DTouch and all for a non-injurious interface all these years, but where is my Flying Car already!

danahar

Re: Dtouch with Kontakt and Melodyne as plugins?

Post by danahar » 18 May 2017 10:39

Any help please?

cpia2002

Post by cpia2002 » 18 May 2017 12:59

All plugins work great within Dtouch, you are limited by most though to 1 point touch on the VST / Plugin etc - not because of Dtouch but the
maker has to implement it - like on waves plugins .

Depends how you mean fiddly with Kontakt in stand alone . I find it works just great - but have got both 40 and 27 screens .

Some of the really small GUI can be fiddly with your finger , but most things are easy .

Dtouch does not really change the touch or behaviour of plugins from winthin Cubase Nuendo, but what it does do it brilliant - You can create macros to touch buttons, so can do things like next patch in Kontakt, or change values with a touch screen button - load a preset - just about anything really.

You can really get under the hood and make your work flow alot easier.

Pj

danahar

Post by danahar » 18 May 2017 14:37

Thank you that was very helpful. Would precise things, like editing waveforms, be best done with a tablet and pen, instead of fingers?
I use Melodyne to edit notes turned into blobs. What is the point where the addition of a tablet and pen would help because fingers are too big to finely edit on a 27" screen?

DT_bettinzana

Post by DT_bettinzana » 18 May 2017 16:16

danahar wrote:
18 May 2017 14:37
Thank you that was very helpful. Would precise things, like editing waveforms, be best done with a tablet and pen, instead of fingers?
I use Melodyne to edit notes turned into blobs. What is the point where the addition of a tablet and pen would help because fingers are too big to finely edit on a 27" screen?
Hello,
in my opinion you can add a tablet+pen without problems because they are like a mouse (unless they have some very special functions which at the moment I am not able to imagine). They should coexist with a touchscreen like a regular mouse.
Silvano Bettinzana
Devil Technologies

cpia2002

Post by cpia2002 » 23 May 2017 08:24

I have no problem cutting up and editing waves on d touch.

Had a 27 inch and now have a 40 inch as well.

Remember you can zoom in with easy movements so , if it's too small zoom in.

A tablet can be used as well like duet and an iPad ; but I never felt that its not precise enough to do something I want .

The most common operations - say turning a bunch of cuts in to a take or x fading or what ever is very simple to match to a touch button only with d touch though .

That way you will work much quicker. Get the d touch demo and try it out . Even without a touch screen it gives you an idea but much better if you read the manual or you won't realise how powerful it is .

Pj