Prices and 'upgrade' path

You can talk about anything you like in this forum
Graham B

Prices and 'upgrade' path

Post by Graham B » 20 Aug 2017 00:52

Hi,

I'm planning to purchase DFader, but it doesn't seem particularly good value - especially if I buy DTouch at some point in future when I get a touch screen.
Doesn't DFader include DTouch and DTools?

Wouldn't there be benefits in adding DTools before getting a touch screen?
DTools doesn't seem to have a price on the site..

Graham

Graham B

Re: Prices and 'upgrade' path

Post by Graham B » 24 Aug 2017 00:20

Ok - Now I'm trying DTouch (still with no touch monitor) and I find that DFader isn't actually 'part' of the DTouch installation.
So is it that the licence for DFader is included with the purchase of DTouch? I was enjoying using the Faderport with other programs.
And in DTouch, the rotary controller maps to plug in parameters, whereas the fader is mapped in DFader - I wonder if that's actually preferable...

Graham

~ufo~

Post by ~ufo~ » 24 Aug 2017 08:41

Hi Graham, just hit them up at support@deviltechnologies.com
They'll sort you out ASAP.
Yvo van Gemert
Pro Tools Ultimate 2021.12 on 16 Core Ryzen 3950X, Iiyama T27, 23" Apple Cinema display, iPad with PT | Control app, no lava lamp.

DT_bettinzana

Post by DT_bettinzana » 24 Aug 2017 14:04

Hello Graham,

forget DTools! At the moment we have included it in our DTouch products because most people become crazy for "touching" something. So, commercially and from a maintenance point of view, it is more interesting for us to have a single application than two.

DFader: yes, compared with DTouch, it is expensive, but it is a different tool. It is very easy to be installed, you can use it with everything and it is DAW independent. You will never see a 9.99 Euros application by Devil Technologies because we don't have that kind of market and we have a not common company structure.
DTouch is an application designed for a specific DAW and it has a lot of requirements to be installed. It is definitely a different product. You could like it or hate its constraints imposed to your workflow.

We have a huge revision of DTouch for Pro Tools (both Mac and Windows) on the road and we think that, by the mid of September, we will be able to publish it. It will include the DFader capabilities.

I am understand that it is not easy to take a decision and I hope that my answers could help you. If not, feel free to ask here!
Silvano Bettinzana
Devil Technologies

Graham B

Post by Graham B » 24 Aug 2017 14:16

So if I purchase DTouch, at present I'd also have to purchase DFader to use outside of Protools?
Sounds like I should buy DTouch & forget DFader for the time being...
A revision sounds excellent. Wondering: Will this be a chargeable upgrade?

Graham

DT_bettinzana

Post by DT_bettinzana » 24 Aug 2017 14:41

Graham B wrote:
24 Aug 2017 14:16
So if I purchase DTouch, at present I'd also have to purchase DFader to use outside of Protools?
Sounds like I should buy DTouch & forget DFader for the time being...
A revision sounds excellent. Wondering: Will this be a chargeable upgrade?

Graham
Hello!
All our upgrades are free of charge.
If you want to use DFader outside of Pro Tools, contact support@deviltechnologies.com and we will check what we can do.
Silvano Bettinzana
Devil Technologies