New user, introduction etc.

You can talk about anything you like in this forum
Gutz

New user, introduction etc.

Post by Gutz » 04 Sep 2017 13:04

Hi Guys,
Good to see we have a support forum, folks call me Gutz, good to meet you.
I just bought a Samsung 40" 4K Ultra TV and put the touch screen overlay on it, works great.
I recently purchased Pro Tools 12.8 and I am coming to Toolz as a long time Cubase user, sold my Yamaha N12. MR816csx extension and got the Antelope audio "Orion Studio rev. 2017" that should be showing up on my door step in the next few days... I am excited about this new rig!
I ordered a demo of the DT pro tools overlay and I see it already showed up in my email but I likely wont activate it until the Orion shows up.
I may need to lean on you guys for some assistance to get up and running, I have never really used pro tools, I have never used any antelope products, I have never worked on a touch screen, and I know absolutely nothing about DT overlays, I'm doomed :shock:
It's kind of like putting diapers back on at 50 years old :lol:
anyhow, as I mentioned, I am glad we have a support forum, I hope you guy may allow me the trial a couple of times I just noticed the email says it's timed from when you sent it and I don't have the Orion yet and likely wont until the middle of the week..
regards to my new buddies.. Gutz

Gutz

Re: New user, introduction etc.

Post by Gutz » 04 Sep 2017 13:35

I guess I should also mention I built a DAW with Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB 64 as the OS, I believe this is the best OS MS has ever released, she smokes, this OS and Tools seem to play together very nice. (knock on wood)

DT_bettinzana

Post by DT_bettinzana » 04 Sep 2017 17:57

Gutz wrote:
04 Sep 2017 13:04
Hi Guys,
Good to see we have a support forum, folks call me Gutz, good to meet you.
I just bought a Samsung 40" 4K Ultra TV and put the touch screen overlay on it, works great.
I recently purchased Pro Tools 12.8 and I am coming to Toolz as a long time Cubase user, sold my Yamaha N12. MR816csx extension and got the Antelope audio "Orion Studio rev. 2017" that should be showing up on my door step in the next few days... I am excited about this new rig!
I ordered a demo of the DT pro tools overlay and I see it already showed up in my email but I likely wont activate it until the Orion shows up.
I may need to lean on you guys for some assistance to get up and running, I have never really used pro tools, I have never used any antelope products, I have never worked on a touch screen, and I know absolutely nothing about DT overlays, I'm doomed :shock:
It's kind of like putting diapers back on at 50 years old :lol:
anyhow, as I mentioned, I am glad we have a support forum, I hope you guy may allow me the trial a couple of times I just noticed the email says it's timed from when you sent it and I don't have the Orion yet and likely wont until the middle of the week..
regards to my new buddies.. Gutz
Hello Gutz,
we are glad to have you onboard!
No problem for the trial license: activate it and, if you need, we will extend its duration.

I want to say that this is not exactly a "Support Forum". It is a place to share ideas, suggestions, etc ... Here we offer a basic support, but you should direct your support questions to support@deviltechnologies.com. Not all the users has the same problems.
Silvano Bettinzana
Devil Technologies

Gutz

Post by Gutz » 04 Sep 2017 18:26

OK, Thanks, I'm sure I'm going to be needing some help getting this up and going initially, I'll know a lot more in a few days when the Orion gets here..

Gutz

Post by Gutz » 13 Sep 2017 11:51

whoo Hooo.. the Orion is scheduled for delivery today! I've been crawling out of my skin with anticipation, I'll be grabbing the demo of the DT overlay this afternoon or tomorrow, I'm excited! can you tell?

Constantine

Post by Constantine » 13 Sep 2017 12:30

Gutz wrote:
13 Sep 2017 11:51
whoo Hooo.. the Orion is scheduled for delivery today!...
Congratulations! Really nice interface! ;-)

Gutz

Post by Gutz » 14 Sep 2017 00:31

Constantine wrote:
13 Sep 2017 12:30
Gutz wrote:
13 Sep 2017 11:51
whoo Hooo.. the Orion is scheduled for delivery today!...
Congratulations! Really nice interface! ;-)
Yes Sir, I've got her tied in to my rig, it looks like the routing is going to take some getting used to but she sounds gorgeous, I'm actually hearing weaknesses and flaws in audio and even plugins, the clarity of this thing is crazy.. the plugins are divine, smooth, sweet, I'm shocked they really do sound very close to hardware, I have the Slate subscription, a lot of Waves, everything from Soundtoys, some Lindell and others but these are top notch however they're doing it I hope they keep on! I have some challenges ahead of me, the drivers all went into tools no issues, looks like I'm good to go there, tomorrow morning I'll download my trial of the DT software and see how it goes, I'm sure everything will be fine (knock on wood) and I'll get my hands on this touch screen, at this point I'm pretty please, this interface and touch screen is going to completely change the way I do things, I've been a little nervous about it all but I'm feeling much better about everything.
Thanks for the comment..

Gutz

Post by Gutz » 14 Sep 2017 10:56

having a hard time with dtouch, I got it downloaded, installed and activated, (trial version) I'm getting a "driver differ in version" error when I try to follow the directions in the manual setting up loop midi, at this point I'm a little frustrated :? this just couldn't go smooth, nothing ever does lol.. thought I was on a roll

DT_bettinzana

Post by DT_bettinzana » 14 Sep 2017 14:01

Gutz wrote:
14 Sep 2017 10:56
having a hard time with dtouch, I got it downloaded, installed and activated, (trial version) I'm getting a "driver differ in version" error when I try to follow the directions in the manual setting up loop midi, at this point I'm a little frustrated :? this just couldn't go smooth, nothing ever does lol.. thought I was on a roll
OK, we have even harder time understanding this "driver differ in version" error because it isn't a DTouch error (there is no line in the DTouch code with this string). So, how can we help you with this kind of request?
Please, contact our support team with a detailed request.
Silvano Bettinzana
Devil Technologies

Gutz

Post by Gutz » 16 Sep 2017 14:22

many thanks to Diego who solved the issue with getting the remote to open, He installed the prior x86 version of the loopmidi software and this solved that issue, I tried numerous loopback software options and none of them would work, this is on Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB for anyone interested, he also gave me a beta version of the Pro Tools 12.8 DTouch software, I have ran into a couple of minor problems and will consider myself a beta tester of sorts, my question is would you guys have me report these issues here? or would you prefer me to report them somewhere else? I am willing to assist you until the official release of the 12.8 support for DTouch.