VST Connector plugin is not initialized

You can talk about anything you like in this forum
rcprod

VST Connector plugin is not initialized

Post by rcprod » 24 Sep 2017 01:13

I have setup the VST Connector plugin as outlined in the latest manual but it does nothing.

When I reopen Cubase and my latest project where the VST Connector plugin is installed as outlined in the DTouch user manual, I receive the following message: "DTouch VST Connector Plugin is not initialized. DTouch will start in global mode. Check the DTouch User Guide if you want to enable the Project Settings Mode."

I will admit I am getting a tad frustrated. But I am taking a breath now............................................ok....that's better.

Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks.

DT_bettinzana

Re: VST Connector plugin is not initialized

Post by DT_bettinzana » 24 Sep 2017 14:45

rcprod wrote:
24 Sep 2017 01:13
I have setup the VST Connector plugin as outlined in the latest manual but it does nothing.

When I reopen Cubase and my latest project where the VST Connector plugin is installed as outlined in the DTouch user manual, I receive the following message: "DTouch VST Connector Plugin is not initialized. DTouch will start in global mode. Check the DTouch User Guide if you want to enable the Project Settings Mode."

I will admit I am getting a tad frustrated. But I am taking a breath now............................................ok....that's better.

Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks.
Hello,
let me start to say that we could have a bug, but I don't think that this is the case.
I think that everything is OK and that DTouch is doing exactly what you have said it to do. I think that you have set DTouch for saving ALL its preferences in "global storage" and nothing in "project storage".

So, my question is: have you understood the differences between "global storage" and "project storage"?
If not -->> User Guide Chapter 2.2

Have you read Chapter 5.2.4. Does it have a sense for you?

Have you seen the image in the Chapter 5.2 (page 120). Do you see the "Settings storage location" section in this image?

The "DTouch VST Connector Plugin is not initialized" sentence is not an error condition. It is a reminder that you haven't saved anything in the VST Connector Plug-In.

I cannot rewrite the DTouch manual here, but if you pay attention to my previous comments/questions, you should start to understand what is happening.
Silvano Bettinzana
Devil Technologies

rcprod

Re: VST Connector plugin is not initialized

Post by rcprod » 26 Sep 2017 09:06

Thanks for the reply. I will look closer at the sections of the manual you have outlined.

I will post my results once I have time to give it a try.

Cheers!