DTouch support for Steinberg Cubase 9.5 (new DTouch Standard Mode...)

You can talk about anything you like in this forum
DT_bettinzana

Re: DTouch support for Steinberg Cubase 9.5 (new DTouch Standard Mode...)

Post by DT_bettinzana » 29 Nov 2017 18:11

Tumppi wrote:
28 Nov 2017 17:44
My impression about the toolbar in the (new) standard version is that it is too big and wrong shape as posted previously.It has also too many things that I don't need. So is it possible to hide it with out loosing macro folders and get it up again only when needed?
And the tool bar should also be very customable. Only the key features should be locked...
OK, we are already designing 2 new toolbars (one very horizontal and one very vertical). Wait to see them and we will discuss the potential improvements.
Very Customizable? Yes, the idea is good, but not so easy to be implemented. We will see if a custom folder window can be a valid substitute. Anyway, at the end, everything can be done :D
Tumppi wrote:
28 Nov 2017 17:44
Floating mixer:
The biggest minus (for me) in the floating mixer is that it gives you no access to inserts, sends etc.
And I'd love to have more track filtering options so that every kind of track Nuendo offers could be filtered there.
The Steinberg Remote Control SDK is a crap for Inserts access. For the Sends we can control the level (not the destination, for example).
Regarding the track filtering options, I will tell you what are the categories which we can select, because they aren't many and many track types are mixed in the same cathegory.
Silvano Bettinzana
Devil Technologies

DT_bettinzana

Post by DT_bettinzana » 29 Nov 2017 18:14

Jeera wrote:
28 Nov 2017 18:41
DT_bettinzana wrote:
28 Nov 2017 11:05
Home Studio 87 wrote:
28 Nov 2017 08:37
Hello the first thing for me is the "toolbar" of the standart version : it will be better to have the possibility to have Horizontal or vertical toolbar but not this "rectangular" toolbar very hard to find a place on the screen for this... ;)
OK, you are not the first to ask for this, so it will have the highest priority.

Thank you
Great to hear! I tried the standard mode on Cubase 9.5 and was instantly annoyed that I had no good place to put the toolbar and ended up closing DTouch altogether. Personally I'd prefer the ability to have DTouch along the bottom of the project window like how it was in legacy mode. Maybe a few options for horizontal/vertical placement or free resizing?
Exactly what we are doing, as stated before.
Silvano Bettinzana
Devil Technologies

DT_bettinzana

Post by DT_bettinzana » 29 Nov 2017 18:15

Home Studio 87 wrote:
28 Nov 2017 23:19
Oups Pleaaaaase make DTouch been able to "speak" to a generic Remote inside Cubase, with this we can have access to more fonctions than shortcuts like open insert plugins even if Steinberg "forgot" :( the access for the 9 to 16 insert slot..... :shock: :? etc...
8-)
We will check if it is useful and possible.
Silvano Bettinzana
Devil Technologies

Constantine

Post by Constantine » 30 Nov 2017 18:27

Hello there,

Sorry to hear about all this restriction from Steinberg, and glad to hear that the development and support of DTouch is like before. Lately I used more the Floating mixer than integrated mixer and it is nice and fast. So the transition will be a little easier for me.

Few questions:

1. From Cubase 9.5 we cannot use macros for insert instruments and plugin effects like before?

2. It is possible to make the design of standard toolbar exactly like the legacy one?

3. In standard mode, it is possible to have some alignment for toolbar, only in Project window? (or the top most function to hide the edge of Cubase)

4.Can we have the option in floating mixer to put colors manually or pictures?

Thanks,

Constantine.

DT_bettinzana

Post by DT_bettinzana » 02 Dec 2017 17:34

Constantine wrote:
30 Nov 2017 18:27
1. From Cubase 9.5 we cannot use macros for insert instruments and plugin effects like before?
If you are speaking about a macro that we have written some times ago, I can say that that macro could still work with some modifications. We will do it if you want.
The only problem is that that macro uses some pixel color read functions to check if the Channel Editor is in "good shape" (for example if the Inserts section is shown, etc ...).
Unfortunately, in Cubase 9.5 we cannot read the colors of a Cubase window pixel (to be honest we should check if this is luckily possible for the Channel Editor!!), then we cannot use that macro.
A new macro could work only if you have the Channel Editor correctly set (to be honest my Channel Editor is 90% of the time set in the same exact way). With those constraints, the macro can work. In other words it will not be a very smart macro, but, if it can speed-up your workflow, it is as good as the past one.
Constantine wrote:
2. It is possible to make the design of standard toolbar exactly like the legacy one?
What legacy one? The one in the integrated mixer or the one for the Edit. Post a screenshot here and I will tell you.
Constantine wrote:
3. In standard mode, it is possible to have some alignment for toolbar, only in Project window? (or the top most function to hide the edge of Cubase)
At the light of the recent Cubase news, I want to stay far from automatic alignment. Why not manually resize your windows and use the Cubase workspaces? We will implement the workspaces concept for DTouch too. Or have I misunderstood you?
Constantine wrote:
4.Can we have the option in floating mixer to put colors manually or pictures?
We have spoken about this in past. YES, why not? Give us a bit of time for this.
That said, if you use project templates, the problem of missing Cubase colors could be alleviated.
Silvano Bettinzana
Devil Technologies

MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott » 03 Dec 2017 02:25

:o Oh no. I mainly work with the integrated setup. So that's no more. That is unfortunate.

Home Studio 87

Post by Home Studio 87 » 03 Dec 2017 22:11

DT_bettinzana wrote:
02 Dec 2017 17:34
If you are speaking about a macro that we have written some times ago, I can say that that macro could still work with some modifications. We will do it if you want.
:P

yes please........ cannot live without my "automatic inserts" now...... and the old place for the Cubase "Channel Configuration" is still the best view on the top of the Floating Mixer.

Tell me if it's not possible to put the "fast scrolling" on the fader part (like a swipe gesture, the most natural way for me) and have the DTouch Toolbar integrated to the Floating Mixer 1 (at the bottom in place of the scrolling bar), in that way when we engage "Standart Mode" at the begining, the floating Mixer 1 open (that's the minimum we need for start in "Standart Mode").

can you make the two next one "as soon as possible" ? (for improving workflow for now) :

1) Folder macro button with 24 column (fit perfectly art the top of the floating mixers with 12 rows), not oblige to have two window folder on the top of the Floating mixer.

2) The possibility to assign Folder button inside folder.

Thank U....... 8-)
Gigabyte GA-X99P-SLI / Intel Corei7 6800k / 32 Go DDR4 / 3x SSD / Win 10 Pro x64 / UAD Apollo Twin USB / UAD2 Satellite Octo USB / UAD2 Octo PCIe / Cubase Pro 10 / VEP6 / D-Touch Cubase / Console 1 / iPad 3 Lemur... /

DT_bettinzana

Post by DT_bettinzana » 04 Dec 2017 17:31

Hi!
Home Studio 87 wrote:
03 Dec 2017 22:11
...... and the old place for the Cubase "Channel Configuration" is still the best view on the top of the Floating Mixer.
Is this a request?
Home Studio 87 wrote:
Tell me if it's not possible to put the "fast scrolling" on the fader part (like a swipe gesture, the most natural way for me) and have the DTouch Toolbar integrated to the Floating Mixer 1 (at the bottom in place of the scrolling bar), in that way when we engage "Standart Mode" at the begining, the floating Mixer 1 open (that's the minimum we need for start in "Standart Mode").
OK, but I have understood nothing. Please, explain better. A photoshopped image to better understand?
And ... do you want that the DTouch floating mixer follows the racks view of Cubase? Because this is absolutely impossible (otherwise we would have the old integrated mixer)

Edit: I have misunderstood you. I confused Floating Mixer 1 with the Cubase Console 1. Now everything is more clear. Anyway an example image would be useful.
Explain better that fast scrolling with swipe on the fader area. Are you sure? What woul be the sensible area? I know that somebody didn’t like this in Studio One.
Home Studio 87 wrote:
can you make the two next one "as soon as possible" ? (for improving workflow for now) :

1) Folder macro button with 24 column (fit perfectly art the top of the floating mixers with 12 rows), not oblige to have two window folder on the top of the Floating mixer.

2) The possibility to assign Folder button inside folder.

Thank U....... 8-)
I will check for this.
Silvano Bettinzana
Devil Technologies

rcprod

Post by rcprod » 07 Dec 2017 01:58

I am sad to hear this news. I like the full version with integrated mixer the best. :cry:

DT_bettinzana

Post by DT_bettinzana » 07 Dec 2017 10:58

rcprod wrote:
07 Dec 2017 01:58
I am sad to hear this news. I like the full version with integrated mixer the best. :cry:
I understand, but we cannot really do nothing :cry:
Silvano Bettinzana
Devil Technologies