DTouch for Cubendo: Track Colors are back!

You can talk about anything you like in this forum
Home Studio 87

Re: DTouch for Cubendo: Track Colors are back!

Post by Home Studio 87 » 19 Jan 2018 14:42

does'nt work on the sub out of the multi out track instrument, it just put color on main channel but not on the "sub out". :(
Gigabyte GA-X99P-SLI / Intel Corei7 6800k / 32 Go DDR4 / 3x SSD / Win 10 Pro x64 / UAD Apollo Twin USB / UAD2 Satellite Octo USB / UAD2 Octo PCIe / Cubase Pro 10 / VEP6 / D-Touch Cubase / Console 1 / iPad 3 Lemur... /

Havoc911

Post by Havoc911 » 19 Jan 2018 15:28

Hi,

v1.3.21 is working well for me so far.

DT_bettinzana

Post by DT_bettinzana » 19 Jan 2018 16:03

Home Studio 87 wrote:
19 Jan 2018 14:42
does'nt work on the sub out of the multi out track instrument, it just put color on main channel but not on the "sub out". :(
Yes, I told this in one of my previous posts. Anyway, test the new v1.3.22.
Silvano Bettinzana
Devil Technologies

pablo1980

Post by pablo1980 » 19 Jan 2018 17:22

Working fine, two 23 old monitors with capacitive touch frames:
46 colored tracks!!!
Attachments
IMG_4235.jpg
IMG_4235.jpg (2.64 MiB) Viewed 9229 times

DT_bettinzana

Post by DT_bettinzana » 19 Jan 2018 17:24

pablo1980 wrote:
19 Jan 2018 17:22
Working fine, two 23 old monitors with capacitive touch frames:
46 colored tracks!!!
Wow :D
Silvano Bettinzana
Devil Technologies

Havoc911

Post by Havoc911 » 20 Jan 2018 15:01

Hi,

It seems that 1.3.22 is treating folders as tracks, as I get a duplicate track name warning now when it sees that my folders and busses are the same name. Simple fix, I just added "buss" to the group tracks. Versions before this didn't do that, so I wanted to report it.

Jonathan

DT_bettinzana

Post by DT_bettinzana » 20 Jan 2018 16:44

Havoc911 wrote:
20 Jan 2018 15:01
Hi,

It seems that 1.3.22 is treating folders as tracks, as I get a duplicate track name warning now when it sees that my folders and busses are the same name. Simple fix, I just added "buss" to the group tracks. Versions before this didn't do that, so I wanted to report it.

Jonathan
Hello!

In the previous versions there where no warning message. That's the reason!
I will check with our guys if having the same name for a track and a folder can be a problem (maybe that we can make a distinction between them; in this case the duplicated name could not be a problem and be permitted).

I want to explain: this is only a warning. You could have duplicated names, but in that case the homonymous tracks would have the same color (which one? Who can say!). You could tolerate this for hours and fix this at the end, when you are really interested in the colors of those tracks; DTouch can work with no problems.

Keep in mind that soon we could introduce an automatic capture of the Cubase Expression-Maps. In that case there would be again the same problem: an expression map will be associated to a track name; so, different tracks with the same name will have the same expression map ...
Silvano Bettinzana
Devil Technologies

Home Studio 87

Post by Home Studio 87 » 20 Jan 2018 18:25

Keep in mind that soon we could introduce an automatic capture of the Cubase Expression-Maps. In that case there would be again the same problem: an expression map will be associated to a track name; so, different tracks with the same name will have the same expression map ...
Whooooooo nice one... :shock: 8-)
Gigabyte GA-X99P-SLI / Intel Corei7 6800k / 32 Go DDR4 / 3x SSD / Win 10 Pro x64 / UAD Apollo Twin USB / UAD2 Satellite Octo USB / UAD2 Octo PCIe / Cubase Pro 10 / VEP6 / D-Touch Cubase / Console 1 / iPad 3 Lemur... /

DT_bettinzana

Post by DT_bettinzana » 22 Jan 2018 10:31

DT_bettinzana wrote:
20 Jan 2018 16:44
Havoc911 wrote:
Hi,

Jonathan
Hello!

I will check with our guys if having the same name for a track and a folder can be a problem (maybe that we can make a distinction between them; in this case the duplicated name could not be a problem and be permitted).

I want to explain: this is only a warning. You could have duplicated names, but in that case the homonymous tracks would have the same color (which one? Who can say!). You could tolerate this for hours and fix this at the end, when you are really interested in the colors of those tracks; DTouch can work with no problems.

Hello Havoc911, I have checked ...
maybe that in future we could manage the "Cubase folders" as a different type of track. In that case the warning would not appear because the name constraint would be removed. This would be possible only for the Cubase folders because they are actually a special class of "tracks".
Silvano Bettinzana
Devil Technologies

Havoc911

Post by Havoc911 » 22 Jan 2018 15:04

DT_bettinzana wrote:
22 Jan 2018 10:31
DT_bettinzana wrote:
20 Jan 2018 16:44
Havoc911 wrote:
Hi,

Jonathan
Hello!

Hello Havoc911, I have checked ...
maybe that in future we could manage the "Cubase folders" as a different type of track. In that case the warning would not appear because the name constraint would be removed. This would be possible only for the Cubase folders because they are actually a special class of "tracks".
Thank you for checking on this!