Cubase: Double tapping MIDI clips to open MIDI editor

You can talk about anything you like in this forum
Jeera

Cubase: Double tapping MIDI clips to open MIDI editor

Post by Jeera » 23 Feb 2016 01:59

Hi there, I'm curious if anyone else has issues double tapping MIDI clips to open the MIDI editor in Cubase. They open fine when I double click on them with the mouse but it's near impossible to open them by double tapping them on the touchscreen monitor.

I've gone into the Pen and Touch settings in Windows 8.1 and changed the speed to as slow as possible. There's a 'test settings' area where you can double tap on a door to open and close it to test your settings. I can open and close the damn door all day long by double tapping it but can't seem to open the MIDI editor by double tapping MIDI clips.

This behavior is there whether or not DTouch is running but I figured this is a great place to ask as everyone here has a touchscreen!

DT_bettinzana

Re: Cubase: Double tapping MIDI clips to open MIDI editor

Post by DT_bettinzana » 23 Feb 2016 18:08

Jeera wrote:Hi there, I'm curious if anyone else has issues double tapping MIDI clips to open the MIDI editor in Cubase. They open fine when I double click on them with the mouse but it's near impossible to open them by double tapping them on the touchscreen monitor.

I've gone into the Pen and Touch settings in Windows 8.1 and changed the speed to as slow as possible. There's a 'test settings' area where you can double tap on a door to open and close it to test your settings. I can open and close the damn door all day long by double tapping it but can't seem to open the MIDI editor by double tapping MIDI clips.

This behavior is there whether or not DTouch is running but I figured this is a great place to ask as everyone here has a touchscreen!
Hello Jeera,

this is a known issue in Windows 8.1 and 10. On Windows 7 this works, but you cannot move by finger your clips. We have tested a workaround to overcome the double-tap issue. I will check and post here a solution during the next days.

Silvano Bettinzana
Devil Technologies
Silvano Bettinzana
Devil Technologies