Version 1.4 Cubase / Nuendo

You can talk about anything you like in this forum
DT_bettinzana

Re: Version 1.4 Cubase / Nuendo

Post by DT_bettinzana » 08 Mar 2018 17:24

OK!
Thank you for the feedback.
Lets fix this before approaching the suggestions.
My answer is: if it worked with the macro, It MUST work with the new workspaces feature. That said, I will show this again to our developers tomorrow (including the Pablo's issue).

Thank you for your patience.
Silvano Bettinzana
Devil Technologies

Tumppi

Post by Tumppi » 08 Mar 2018 18:07

Hi!
Don't worry about patience. Your customer service is top class. 8-)

Bye
gear:
Nuendo, latest
Pro Tools 12.5
Win10 64bit
Acer 27" touch screen
RME FF800

Tumppi

Post by Tumppi » 09 Mar 2018 10:50

One more note: When switching from one DT workspace to another, both involving Project window but different Nuendo workspace, I loose focus of Nuendo.
For example if I want to zoom using keys G or H nothing happens until I tap on Nuendos project window...
gear:
Nuendo, latest
Pro Tools 12.5
Win10 64bit
Acer 27" touch screen
RME FF800

MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott » 09 Mar 2018 14:34

Yes I'm having same issue where it loses focus switching to my now 3 ws with project windows.

Oh and big plus 1 on renaming ws buttons :mrgreen:

Also, when using 2 screens and I want the project window on a different screen with my workspaces, is there any way to make that happen? Mine always stay where I move it with different workspaces.
Great update by the way!

DT_bettinzana

Post by DT_bettinzana » 09 Mar 2018 14:54

DT_bettinzana wrote:
08 Mar 2018 17:24
OK!
My answer is: if it worked with the macro, It MUST work with the new workspaces feature. That said, I will show this again to our developers tomorrow (including the Pablo's issue).

Hello, we have double checked (anyway: no bugs): it is not possible to do what you want (and it neither worked with the macro). The idea is that if you "swap" fastly and continuously between two workspaces, it is very probable that the position in the timeline will be in the neighborood of the previous workspace, but if you do too much work in one workspace and return to a previous one, it is very probable that you will be very far from your position in the timeline.
These workspaces work good if you swap between an editing and a mixing workspace, but not much more. That Cubendo Workspace absurde behaviour is the real problem and nobody can remove it.
Silvano Bettinzana
Devil Technologies

DT_bettinzana

Post by DT_bettinzana » 09 Mar 2018 15:01

pablo1980 wrote:
08 Mar 2018 16:18
Also, when I recall dtouch workspaces (it is not associated to a cubase workspace due to this zoom issue) my macro folders don´t appear again even if the folder button is "on"....I have to tap the button twice to "close" it and "oper" it to get it to show.
We think that the macro folders are open, but they are behind something else. Can you check in the Windows taskbar? As a workaround, could you also check and play with a standard button named "Folders Topmost"?
Silvano Bettinzana
Devil Technologies

DT_bettinzana

Post by DT_bettinzana » 09 Mar 2018 15:04

MichaelScott wrote:
09 Mar 2018 14:34
Also, when using 2 screens and I want the project window on a different screen with my workspaces, is there any way to make that happen? Mine always stay where I move it with different workspaces.
Great update by the way!
Mmm, that job should be done with the Cubendo workspaces. Have you understood the use of the Cubendo workspaces associated with the DTouch workspaces? Double check the VERY LAST version of the User Guide (workspaces sections) and repost here if needed.
Silvano Bettinzana
Devil Technologies

Tumppi

Post by Tumppi » 09 Mar 2018 15:29

DT_bettinzana wrote:
09 Mar 2018 14:54
DT_bettinzana wrote:
08 Mar 2018 17:24
OK!

Hello, we have double checked (anyway: no bugs): it is not possible to do what you want (and it neither worked with the macro). The idea is that if you "swap" fastly and continuously between two workspaces, it is very probable that the position in the timeline will be in the neighborood of the previous workspace, but if you do too much work in one workspace and return to a previous one, it is very probable that you will be very far from your position in the timeline.
These workspaces work good if you swap between an editing and a mixing workspace, but not much more. That Cubendo Workspace absurde behaviour is the real problem and nobody can remove it.
So I suspected.
Already yesterday I made a feature request in nuendo forum to have workspaces without zoom and timeline location settings. So maybe in Nuendo 10 one day...
gear:
Nuendo, latest
Pro Tools 12.5
Win10 64bit
Acer 27" touch screen
RME FF800

DT_bettinzana

Post by DT_bettinzana » 09 Mar 2018 16:43

I have put the DTouch WS button naming in the To-Do list.
Silvano Bettinzana
Devil Technologies

pablo1980

Post by pablo1980 » 09 Mar 2018 17:25

DT_bettinzana wrote:
09 Mar 2018 15:01
pablo1980 wrote:
08 Mar 2018 16:18
Also, when I recall dtouch workspaces (it is not associated to a cubase workspace due to this zoom issue) my macro folders don´t appear again even if the folder button is "on"....I have to tap the button twice to "close" it and "oper" it to get it to show.
We think that the macro folders are open, but they are behind something else. Can you check in the Windows taskbar? As a workaround, could you also check and play with a standard button named "Folders Topmost"?
I have tried with and without folder topmot activated, the folders are indeed open (they appear in the taskbar, and the buttons are "engaged") but nothing is on top of them. I have to touch the buttons twice so they reappear.

I have found that no matter how I save the workspace, the folder topmost button deactivates itself when recalling a workspace...could that be the problem?