Any Thoughts on DTouch for Harrison Mixbus?

You can talk about anything you like in this forum
brucerothwell

Any Thoughts on DTouch for Harrison Mixbus?

Post by brucerothwell » 24 Feb 2016 17:08

Any consideration toward developing DTouch for Harrison Mixbus?

~ufo~

Re: Any Thoughts on DTouch for Harrison Mixbus?

Post by ~ufo~ » 24 Feb 2016 18:17

To be honest I'm flabbergasted why Harrison Mixbus doesn't support multitouch.
It seems so obvious.
It's not like they have a hardware controller available for it that it would compete with.
I've suggested this to them a few times.

In stead of writing amateurish iPad apps they should just make the whole Mix Bus multi touch capable.
Yvo van Gemert
Pro Tools Ultimate 2021.12 on 16 Core Ryzen 3950X, Iiyama T27, 23" Apple Cinema display, iPad with PT | Control app, no lava lamp.

DT_bettinzana

Post by DT_bettinzana » 24 Feb 2016 18:20

brucerothwell wrote:Any consideration toward developing DTouch for Harrison Mixbus?
We have requests for Cubase/Nuendo on OS X, Ableton Live, Logic, Studio One (on which I have a lot of doubts) ...
We never had a plan for Mixbus, but it would be very very far.

Silvano Bettinzana
Devil Technologies
Silvano Bettinzana
Devil Technologies

brucerothwell

Post by brucerothwell » 24 Feb 2016 19:54

Mixbus _has_ announced they are working on a hardware controller that is "button for button" compatible with Mixbus. Not sure when that would come.

But, I posed the question to Ben Loftis in the Mixbus forum, about multitouch support, and he pointed me to the developers chat area, and sounded like the would be all for it.

Yes, perhaps direct multitouch support for Mixbus makes more sense, but was just curious what Silvano & Crew might be planning.

~ufo~

Post by ~ufo~ » 24 Feb 2016 20:56

Wow, that's gonna be a pricey controller I imagine.
Good for them, if anyone can do it they can.

Still native multitouch support would be the best way to conquer the world, I'd say.
For everyone's sake, I hope they do both ;)
Yvo van Gemert
Pro Tools Ultimate 2021.12 on 16 Core Ryzen 3950X, Iiyama T27, 23" Apple Cinema display, iPad with PT | Control app, no lava lamp.

MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott » 25 Feb 2016 03:44

Logic would be the more logical next step :mrgreen:
J/k
Controller for mixbus "button for button" faders and all would be expensive. I think they would be better off going full out multi touch. Wait till they see what happens with Dtouch :D
At $1425 cdn including taxes, extras like DFI revitalizer, ect. and Dtouch software, I have a 42" fully integrated solution with endless possibilities.

brucerothwell

Post by brucerothwell » 25 Feb 2016 22:49

MichaelScott wrote:Controller for mixbus "button for button" faders and all would be expensive.
I suppose they are counting on selling to folks that really prefer hardware.

~ufo~

Post by ~ufo~ » 25 Feb 2016 23:05

brucerothwell wrote:I suppose they are counting on selling to folks that really prefer hardware.
Yeah I can understand that from their perspective.
It means that mix bus won't be for the masses after all then.
I mean, why launch the software so cheaply if you're going to pair it with a high end controller later?
It seems a bit weird to me.

What would be cool is if they would say hey, if you want a hardware controller and are willing to pay what it costs, we'll build you one.
If not, no worries, you can enjoy an extremely powerful workflow at an entry level price point, via multi touch.

That would be the cool thing to do. Waves are doing it, why not Harrison?

Insha'allah.
Yvo van Gemert