Looking for Monitor Suggestions

You can talk about anything you like in this forum
kjd01

Looking for Monitor Suggestions

Post by kjd01 » 10 Mar 2016 03:58

I have been the unlucky owner of two Acer T272HL monitors that have both gone faulty in regards to the touch screen . Both of them were fine for a period of time but then started to self touch on a point of the screen. The only way to stop it so I could continue to use my mouse was to unplug the USB cables. One of the monitors I purchased on eBay from an overseas company and as such Acer will not honor the warranty or fix it. The second one was purchased on EBay but from a legitimate shop in my country, so the warranty with Acer is good. They have looked at the monitor and confirmed it is faulty and offered me a replacement of the Acer T272HUL. I rejected that offer because that monitor has a native resolution of 2560x1440, which breaks DTouch for Cubase. They tried to find a replacement T272HL model but because it is discontinued they could find one and are going to provide a credit back to the shop I purchased from.

Now I am either looking for another Acer T272HL or some other monitor all together. The issue is and this is why I am posting this question, is I am located in Australia. For some reason we seem to have a lack of Touch Screen monitors to purchase in this country. I am looking for advice from anybody that may have a good suggestion for what I should get. It doesn't have to be 27" if there is a better idea that is bigger, obviously not smaller. Price is a factor though. Please keep in mind my location because if I import a product not only can it be costly but also warranty concerns come in. If I can't come up with a suitable solution then I am tasked with the thought of not be able to continue using the great DTouch program and looking to a hardware solution or nothing and just using a mouse. I am currently having to use the mouse and I really miss my DTouch setup.

MichaelScott

Re: Looking for Monitor Suggestions

Post by MichaelScott » 11 Mar 2016 15:38

How about purchasing an led 40" to 46" tv and also the tempered glass in Australia, then order the G5s 4k 12 or 6 point frame from China. That's what a few of us have done. I have a 42" that came to $1400 cdn taxes and all including other extras like microfibre cloths and enduro shield treatment (made in Australia! ).

kjd01

Post by kjd01 » 11 Mar 2016 23:46

MichaelScott wrote:How about purchasing an led 40" to 46" tv and also the tempered glass in Australia, then order the G5s 4k 12 or 6 point frame from China. That's what a few of us have done. I have a 42" that came to $1400 cdn taxes and all including other extras like microfibre cloths and enduro shield treatment (made in Australia! ).
To save me some time and because I am a bit lazy is there any chance you could provide some more specific information about what you purchased and where you purchased it from. Thanks.

moris

Post by moris » 12 Mar 2016 20:08

I use a 272hul in 1080p, highest resolution is compatible with dtouch but it to small to use in protools actually.
But I have to send it back to acer (vertical lines everywhere during a 20min warming up time)
PT 12.4 french / osx 10.10.4 french / Acer 272 HUL@1080p & iiyama 2409@1080p
ssds, nvidia gtx 750, RAM 16Go, i7920@2,8
uad quad and duo / MH Lio-8

kjd01

Post by kjd01 » 13 Mar 2016 00:53

moris wrote:I use a 272hul in 1080p, highest resolution is compatible with dtouch but it to small to use in protools actually.
But I have to send it back to acer (vertical lines everywhere during a 20min warming up time)
That native resolution as you say is too small. If you manually override it and set it to 1920x1080 then the Cubase version breaks as it requires the native resolution of the monitor to be right. It can't account for a manual setting. Silvano can explain why because I don't have the technical knowledge to understand why.

MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott » 13 Mar 2016 03:40

kjd01 wrote:
MichaelScott wrote:How about purchasing an led 40" to 46" tv and also the tempered glass in Australia, then order the G5s 4k 12 or 6 point frame from China. That's what a few of us have done. I have a 42" that came to $1400 cdn taxes and all including other extras like microfibre cloths and enduro shield treatment (made in Australia! ).
To save me some time and because I am a bit lazy is there any chance you could provide some more specific information about what you purchased and where you purchased it from. Thanks.
I would ask for a price on these abd decide from there:
G5s 2k 6 point or 12 point
G5s 4k 6 point or 12 point

DEFI TECH LTD.
Vanessa
Tel: +86 (0)158 0517 2700 (China),
E-mail: vanessa@defi-tech.com
sales@defi-tech.com
Alibaba Showroom: Nanjing Defi Software Technology Co., Ltd. - Computer & Networking,Industry & Business
Official Website: Interactive Floor | Floor Technology | Surface Technologies | Interactive Projector | Interactive Floor | Interactive Wall | Interactive Tables

You'll have to wait till you get the frame to get the tempered glass made because it fits in the frame and you want to make sure you get tge correct measurements.

DT_bettinzana

Post by DT_bettinzana » 13 Mar 2016 12:30

kjd01 wrote:
moris wrote:I use a 272hul in 1080p, highest resolution is compatible with dtouch but it to small to use in protools actually.
That native resolution as you say is too small. If you manually override it and set it to 1920x1080 then the Cubase version breaks as it requires the native resolution of the monitor to be right. It can't account for a manual setting. Silvano can explain why because I don't have the technical knowledge to understand why.
Hello guys,

kjd01 is right, DTouch for Cubase can only work with touchscreens with native resolution of 1920x1080. The Acer T272HUL has a 2560x1440 native resolution; for this reason you cannot use it with DTouch for Cubase.

DTouch for Pro Tools is different (because Pro Tools and Cubase have different graphic engines) and you can successfully use the Acer T272HUL on OS X, as stated by moris.

Usually, we suggest touchscreens with native resolution of 1920x1080. If you have other choices than the ones listed in the product pages in our web-site, contact us.
Silvano Bettinzana
Devil Technologies

DT_bettinzana

Post by DT_bettinzana » 13 Mar 2016 12:34

MichaelScott wrote:
kjd01 wrote:
I would ask for a price on these abd decide from there:
G5s 2k 6 point or 12 point
G5s 4k 6 point or 12 point

DEFI TECH LTD.
Vanessa
Tel: +86 (0)158 0517 2700 (China),
E-mail: vanessa@defi-tech.com
sales@defi-tech.com
Alibaba Showroom: Nanjing Defi Software Technology Co., Ltd. - Computer & Networking,Industry & Business
Official Website: Interactive Floor | Floor Technology | Surface Technologies | Interactive Projector | Interactive Floor | Interactive Wall | Interactive Tables

You'll have to wait till you get the frame to get the tempered glass made because it fits in the frame and you want to make sure you get tge correct measurements.
I want to add that usually the lower the number of touch-points, the faster the touch response.
So, for our application, 6-points is better than 12-points!
Silvano Bettinzana
Devil Technologies

MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott » 13 Mar 2016 14:57

Yes I went with 6 point :mrgreen:

Home Studio 87

Post by Home Studio 87 » 13 Mar 2016 20:37

I'm gonna move to 46' with PQ Labs too..... ;)
Gigabyte GA-X99P-SLI / Intel Corei7 6800k / 32 Go DDR4 / 3x SSD / Win 10 Pro x64 / UAD Apollo Twin USB / UAD2 Satellite Octo USB / UAD2 Octo PCIe / Cubase Pro 10 / VEP6 / D-Touch Cubase / Console 1 / iPad 3 Lemur... /