Scrubbing with D-Touch / Autostart of DTouch with cubase

You can talk about anything you like in this forum
Flohre

Scrubbing with D-Touch / Autostart of DTouch with cubase

Post by Flohre » 14 Mar 2016 04:23

Hello there,

i´m just starting working with Cubase on a touch-screen using DTouch.
When i choose the Scrub-Tool, scrubbing does not work very proper. Not as fast as in the mouse-mode.
Is it about the touch-sceen, the latency?

The second thing i miss is a autostart of DTouch with Cubase or a session.
Or - at least - the possibily to autostart DTouch with every systemstart, so that it´s automatically there when i start Cubase.
Now i first have to start a session, the DTouch.

Best regards
Flohre

PeterZ

Re: Scrubbing with D-Touch / Autostart of DTouch with cubase

Post by PeterZ » 14 Mar 2016 08:09

The choice of autostart would be nice.
But I think DT cannot be started with Cubase, just with a project. It also closes when you close a project.
Not sure how easy it is to control DT with Cubase since it is meant the other way around.

danahar

Post by danahar » 19 Jan 2018 16:21

That explains it Peter! Was going through Yvo's tutorials and saw he recomended starting DT on startup. Seems like he was using a Mac. I did this on Win7 and could not open DT (it started up on boot) until I stopped its service and opened it again. I just spent 10 min trying to find this win7 link but could not nor could I verify the command but it was something like gpedit.exe. Others recommended Task Scheduler for win7.

However this does not work with Cubase 9 in standard mode. Maybe you can only auto start a particular project. Don't know why I did this anyway as my rigs are always on. Guess i'm now addicted to automation!!!!!

~ufo~

Post by ~ufo~ » 20 Jan 2018 17:11

Just for the record: The main reason I have it on autostart on Mac is to simply make touch work.
I don't have it setup like that on Windows.
Yvo van Gemert
Pro Tools Ultimate 2021.12 on 16 Core Ryzen 3950X, Iiyama T27, 23" Apple Cinema display, iPad with PT | Control app, no lava lamp.