What was before?

You can talk about anything you like in this forum
touchtouch

What was before?

Post by touchtouch » 19 Feb 2016 19:26

Hi Guys!
Great to see the Forum alive!
Hendrik here!
I would like to know what did you guys use before there was DTouch ;)
I was using iPad and Lemur but I can't even compare the two ;)
Any of you have experience in python coding ? Seems like a great addition to the Macro Manager!
Thanx!

~ufo~

Re: What was before?

Post by ~ufo~ » 19 Feb 2016 21:09

I used a ProControl main unit with a keyboard, trackpad and wireless trackman.

I'm using DTouch with a 27" Iiyama now.

Can't say I miss physical faders other than running out of screen real estate and having to hide floating windows (plugins) in order to get to my faders, solos, mutes etc.

Overall I'm happier with the multi touch experience and it's only the beginning.

it's both cheaper and much more powerful. Win-win as far as I'm concerned!
Yvo van Gemert
Pro Tools Ultimate 2021.12 on 16 Core Ryzen 3950X, Iiyama T27, 23" Apple Cinema display, iPad with PT | Control app, no lava lamp.

rcprod

Post by rcprod » 20 Feb 2016 14:48

I was using a Mackie MCU Pro. Was nice in that it worked consistently and got the job done, but was limited with only 8 channels available at a time.

I can really see the potential of DTouch and think that with the continued diligence of the Devil Tech. crew it will be an excellent solution for me.

Cheers!

clonewar

Post by clonewar » 21 Feb 2016 05:24

touchtouch wrote:Hi Guys!
Great to see the Forum alive!
Hendrik here!
I would like to know what did you guys use before there was DTouch ;)
I was using iPad and Lemur but I can't even compare the two ;)
Any of you have experience in python coding ? Seems like a great addition to the Macro Manager!
Thanx!
I've had a lot of control surface and I still have my SmartAV Tango and Smart Consoles. I still do love physical faders, but being able to instantly control any plugin directly on the touchscreen is a big deal to me, and the Matrix window in DTouch is kind of changing the way I think about faders overall.

The integration of python in DTouch macros is VERY powerful! Macro engines are usually dumb, they just carry out a list of commands in order (move the mouse to x,y, press the left mouse button, send this keystroke, etc). You can still do that with DTouch, but being able to write macros in python lets you make smart macros that can make decisions based on variables in the project, what's on the screen at that point in time, etc. I'm just now starting to scratch the surface writing macros with deeper functionality.. Hopefully I'll some really nice ones to share soon.
Michael Nazari

DTouch for Cubase Walkthrough:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-26Ca9Pyb4Y

DT_bettinzana

Post by DT_bettinzana » 22 Feb 2016 18:05

touchtouch wrote:Any of you have experience in python coding ? Seems like a great addition to the Macro Manager!
Thanx!
Hello Hendrik,

tomorrow we will post a tutorial to teach how to write a macro. We will use some pieces of Python code and you will see the power of the use of variables and programming language statements for building smart macros.
I think that you don't need programming skills; with a bit of patience, you can understand how to write a macro starting from an example. Anyway, we are here to help you all.
I hope that you use DTouch for Cubase because the first example will be done on Cubase. Pro Tools will follow.

Silvano Bettinzana
Devil Technologies
Silvano Bettinzana
Devil Technologies

touchtouch

Post by touchtouch » 22 Feb 2016 20:57

Awesome news!

Thank You Silvano!

studiodaz1

Post by studiodaz1 » 02 Mar 2016 20:49

I was using a Lemur App setup on a MX III MX3 Android 4.4 Quad Core TV Box and a HannsG HT231HPB 23 inch Widescreen Touchscreen LCD Monitor. I tried running a 32 channel and then lower down to 24 for touchscreen mixer using 4 Mackie Univeral Control remotes setup in cubase for communication from the touchscreen to the Cubase mixer.

I found that even though it was very nice to use I would find myself grabbing my mouse a lot because the Cubase mixer was always easier to navigate. This is where DTouch wins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vieVHhNUWMw Here's a video I made of my setup before I switched to using DTouch.