OSX monitor

You can talk about anything you like in this forum
Tim

OSX monitor

Post by Tim » 20 Mar 2016 21:18

Hi, looking at buying this software, but trying to find out - is the iiyama ProLite T2735MSC compatible with a Mac? Looking at using it as a second monitor liked to my imac. Thanks in advance

DT_bettinzana

Re: OSX monitor

Post by DT_bettinzana » 21 Mar 2016 10:33

Tim wrote:Hi, looking at buying this software, but trying to find out - is the iiyama ProLite T2735MSC compatible with a Mac? Looking at using it as a second monitor liked to my imac. Thanks in advance
Yes, it is compatible!
In fact it is included in the compatible touchmonitors list at http://www.deviltechnologies.com/index. ... o-tools-v1
Silvano Bettinzana
Devil Technologies

~ufo~

Post by ~ufo~ » 21 Mar 2016 13:24

That's the one I'm using on mac. If you have questions or whatever, jut get in touch.
Or ask me in a reply here, so other users can access the information too.
Yvo van Gemert
Pro Tools Ultimate 2021.12 on 16 Core Ryzen 3950X, Iiyama T27, 23" Apple Cinema display, iPad with PT | Control app, no lava lamp.

Tim

Post by Tim » 22 Mar 2016 08:37

Thanks for the replies! I saw the monitor on the list, but I just wanted to confirm that it was Mac compatible and not just PC. I was originally looking at buying the Slate Raven MTI, but this looks like a nicer system.

Thanks, Tim

touchtouch

Post by touchtouch » 22 Mar 2016 17:35

...can someone please explain to me how is the OSX (Yosemite) and Touchscreen drivers situation at the moment?
Last time I checked it was pretty hard to get it to work without some extra costs for the special driver software...
considering a touchscreen in a studio I work in and all they have are macs.
Thanx!

DT_bettinzana

Post by DT_bettinzana » 22 Mar 2016 18:02

touchtouch wrote:...can someone please explain to me how is the OSX (Yosemite) and Touchscreen drivers situation at the moment?
Last time I checked it was pretty hard to get it to work without some extra costs for the special driver software...
Thanx!
Are you interested in general (without DTouch) support of touchscreen on OS X or DTouch specific support of touchscreen on OS X? Because DTouch has its own driver for the supported touchscreens.
Are you a DTouch user?
Silvano Bettinzana
Devil Technologies

MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott » 22 Mar 2016 23:52

touchtouch wrote:...can someone please explain to me how is the OSX (Yosemite) and Touchscreen drivers situation at the moment?
Thanx!
If you're using Dtouch with protools works fine. Other than that, as per my experience with a 42" G5s overlay which has it's own software for osx, works fine on yosemite but it's not multi touch. Only with the Dtouch software.
I'm mainly on win 10 with Dtouch for cubase which is awsome but we also have a osx setup hosting Logic X.

touchtouch

Post by touchtouch » 23 Mar 2016 05:30

Hi guys, and thank you for answering.
I am also only on Windows for now but am considering buying another touchscreen for the OSX setup in our another location.
Thanks.

~ufo~

Post by ~ufo~ » 23 Mar 2016 11:48

So here's the deal on OS X.

From El Capitan onward (I think) they work on OS X, but single touch.
No gestures.

My mac is still on Yosemite. I have DTouch set up as a hidden login item, which means it launches when OS X boots.
This means the touch screen always works, in any app.

For multi-touch gestures and scrolling I use a magic trackpad, to the left of my keyboard.
To the right of the keyboard, I still have my trackball.

My workflow is as such that I often use my left hand for multi touch gestures on the magic trackpad as my right hand operates DTouch / Pro Tools. Sometimes, I prefer using the trackball over the touch screen, but that's mainly for things that are just too tiny to touch or don't respond to touch. There are a few (very few) plugins (like NI RC24 and Passive EQ) that don't yet respond to touch at all.

Now there are ways to get multi touch gestures to work on the touch screen, like the touch base driver.
DTouch is however NOT compatible with Touch Base, so don't even try it. Plus it's over a 100 bucks.

Apple are dragging their feet, but I'm sure they'll natively support it at some point.

That's pretty much the deal right now. Touch works on OS X, but not as smoothly as on Windows, which is ironic but by design.
Yvo van Gemert
Pro Tools Ultimate 2021.12 on 16 Core Ryzen 3950X, Iiyama T27, 23" Apple Cinema display, iPad with PT | Control app, no lava lamp.

touchtouch

Post by touchtouch » 23 Mar 2016 21:55

Hi ~ufo~!!!

awesome and clear response - thank you very much for that - I appreciate it!
And, yes, now I remember, Touch-Base was the driver I was testing on OSX a while ago (there is a free demo version of the driver) the real deal is like 150 bucks, a bit too much just for a decent driver IMO.

Have a great day ~ufo~,
H.