Will Standard EVER look like Legacy?

You can talk about anything you like in this forum
orthogonalrecords

Re: Will Standard EVER look like Legacy?

Post by orthogonalrecords » 12 Oct 2018 10:49

Constantine wrote:
12 Oct 2018 10:40
"Standard Mode": Requires you to do more tweakings.

At first I didn't like the new interface.
But in time, with each update, has evolved into something beautiful, stable, easy and fast. So... Give it some time. Read the manual, explore the new settings and options.
Thanks Constantine.
I've already started to like standard a lot more than I did only four days ago. :D

Will tweak it further and am sure I'm gonna get perfectly used to it.

It was just something like an "initial shock" when comparing standard and legacy for the first time. :lol:

MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott » 13 Oct 2018 13:40

Build a number of workspaces and you will start to see the potential. I have 7 workspaces that do everything I need. Also a number of tool bars that appear in different workspaces.

orthogonalrecords

Post by orthogonalrecords » 13 Oct 2018 18:42

MichaelScott wrote:
13 Oct 2018 13:40
Build a number of workspaces and you will start to see the potential. I have 7 workspaces that do everything I need. Also a number of tool bars that appear in different workspaces.
Already bought DTouch yesterday, since getting used to Standard took much less time than I thought. :D

One questions regarding workspaces, though: If I want to install a new Version of DTouch, e.g., to test a beta version, I am asked to uninstall the old version. Are the workspaces also lost if I uninstall DTouch? That would be a pitty.

pablo1980

Post by pablo1980 » 13 Oct 2018 22:15

Everything gets stored in a folder (I recommend backing up regularily), I haven´t touched any windows in months, it is awesome

orthogonalrecords

Post by orthogonalrecords » 14 Oct 2018 08:11

Thanks pablo.
Found the "DTouch for Cubase Settings"-folder in my Documents-folder on Win10. Great.

DT_bettinzana

Post by DT_bettinzana » 14 Oct 2018 13:37

orthogonalrecords wrote:
14 Oct 2018 08:11
Thanks pablo.
Found the "DTouch for Cubase Settings"-folder in my Documents-folder on Win10. Great.
Yes, Pablo suggestion is correct.
You can also move the "DTouch for Cubase Settings" folder somewhere else and you can point to its location in the DTouch settings panel.
It is wise to back-up that folder, where you have everything about DTouch. Somebody has done a lot of work with macros and macro-buttons assignment.

Regarding the beta version, I encourage you to install and use it. Being beta is not bad: it works! But, being a beta means that it could be slightly different from the next official release and the news are not covered by the documentation. We use the beta to improve the SW according to the recurrent users proposals on this forum. I think that you could find something interesting in the floating mixer of this beta version (check carefully viewtopic.php?f=10&t=604).

Thank you for your support!
Silvano Bettinzana
Devil Technologies

orthogonalrecords

Post by orthogonalrecords » 16 Oct 2018 06:21

Thanks Silvano.

I already talked a little bit about DTouch in a well-known german recording forum: https://www.recording.de
Will spread the word a little further and probably do a hands-on demonstration of DTouch or at least start a thread to describe it's features.
There are several users there, who are waiting for a touch solution and think that technology isn't ready yet.

By the way: I would have a new feature suggestion for the floating-mixer. Will read the beta-thread and see if it's already there and I just overlooked it. Ortherwise I'll post in there.

DT_bettinzana

Post by DT_bettinzana » 16 Oct 2018 16:00

orthogonalrecords wrote:
16 Oct 2018 06:21
Thanks Silvano.

I already talked a little bit about DTouch in a well-known german recording forum: https://www.recording.de
Will spread the word a little further and probably do a hands-on demonstration of DTouch or at least start a thread to describe it's features.
There are several users there, who are waiting for a touch solution and think that technology isn't ready yet.

By the way: I would have a new feature suggestion for the floating-mixer. Will read the beta-thread and see if it's already there and I just overlooked it. Ortherwise I'll post in there.
I am glad to read this.
Thank you!
Silvano Bettinzana
Devil Technologies