Panner problem still there with DTouch for Cubase v1.5.1

You can talk about anything you like in this forum
orthogonalrecords

Panner problem still there with DTouch for Cubase v1.5.1

Post by orthogonalrecords » 08 Nov 2018 06:50

Hi all!
Hi Silvano!

You said that the bug with the panner has been resolved in Version 1.5.1. I can confirm that the small panner is again following the large panner - that's corrected, thanks.

The problem I still have is, that I cannot act on the smaller panner as long as another window,e.g., cubase channel window, is over the menu-bar of the floating mixer. That's also true for the settings button of the floating mixer, which I also cannot open via touch if a window is on top (in front) of the floating mixer's menu bar. For all portions where no window is on top I can act on the panners without any problems.

I'm going to take screenshots in the evening to make the problem clearer.

Best,
Markus

orthogonalrecords

Re: Panner problem still there with DTouch for Cubase v1.5.1

Post by orthogonalrecords » 08 Nov 2018 16:48

Here's the screenshot:
dtouch_panner_problem.PNG
dtouch_panner_problem.PNG (191.73 KiB) Viewed 8051 times
I can't act on all the marked panners and the settings button with my finger as long as the channel window is positioned like in the screenshot.
If I close the channel window or move it further to the top of the screen touch works as expected.

Hope it's clear now what I am talking about.

Best,
Markus

Home Studio 87

Post by Home Studio 87 » 08 Nov 2018 16:54

is the Cubase channel setting windows or DTouch windows touch other screen (no touch) on the left or on the top ?
Gigabyte GA-X99P-SLI / Intel Corei7 6800k / 32 Go DDR4 / 3x SSD / Win 10 Pro x64 / UAD Apollo Twin USB / UAD2 Satellite Octo USB / UAD2 Octo PCIe / Cubase Pro 10 / VEP6 / D-Touch Cubase / Console 1 / iPad 3 Lemur... /

orthogonalrecords

Post by orthogonalrecords » 08 Nov 2018 17:52

What you see is just the touchscreen.
The non-touch screen is above it and not shown on the screenshot.

Is that what you wanted to know or did I missunderstand you?

DT_bettinzana

Post by DT_bettinzana » 08 Nov 2018 18:32

Will check tomorrow.
Silvano Bettinzana
Devil Technologies

DT_bettinzana

Post by DT_bettinzana » 09 Nov 2018 17:53

Next week my guys will answer to you in details.
Unfortunately, they have discovered and shown me an absurd behaviour of Windows 10.
They will be more detailed and we will see if we can do something to avoid this issue.
Silvano Bettinzana
Devil Technologies

Support Team

Post by Support Team » 12 Nov 2018 08:04

orthogonalrecords wrote:
08 Nov 2018 16:48
Here's the screenshot:
dtouch_panner_problem.PNG

I can't act on all the marked panners and the settings button with my finger as long as the channel window is positioned like in the screenshot.
If I close the channel window or move it further to the top of the screen touch works as expected.

Hope it's clear now what I am talking about.

Best,
Markus
OK, it's clear what you're talking about.
However, this looks like a strange Windows 10 bug.
What is happening is that there is a "non working touch area" all around the Cubase Channel Editor. Since the DTouch Floating Mixer Panners are inside this "non working touch area", you aren't able to touch them.
So, the problem is not related to the DTouch Floating Mixer Panners, but to the Cubase Channel Editor window.
If you try to move the Channel Editor window in another position, you'll see that you won't be able to interact with other elements on the DTouch Floating Mixer.
We performed several tests, and it seems that this "non working touch area":
  • Only affects touch: this problem is not present with the mouse
  • It doesn't affect topmost windows each other
  • This area is less extended with regular windows (for example, Windows Notepad), with respect to the DTouch Floating Mixer when the TOPMOST option is not active (in this case, the "non working touch area" is more extended)
  • This bug does not affect Windows 7 systems

orthogonalrecords

Post by orthogonalrecords » 12 Nov 2018 09:01

That's interesting, thanks for the explanation.

Hopefully that bug will be resolved at some point by Microsoft.

Home Studio 87

Post by Home Studio 87 » 12 Nov 2018 15:59

try to resize / move your windows (Cubase & DTouch) to fit inside your touch screen, be sure you not touch the border, for me I can have DTouch floating mixer (just fader section with two DTouch macros folder and the Cubase Channel Configuration or effects Plugins on my 27' Touch without problems… but my DTouch Floating mixer have "only" 23 channel cause if I resize it to have 24 channel it touch my TV 42' (non touch) and have problem with touch.
Gigabyte GA-X99P-SLI / Intel Corei7 6800k / 32 Go DDR4 / 3x SSD / Win 10 Pro x64 / UAD Apollo Twin USB / UAD2 Satellite Octo USB / UAD2 Octo PCIe / Cubase Pro 10 / VEP6 / D-Touch Cubase / Console 1 / iPad 3 Lemur... /