DFader with Icon Platform M+ Screen

You can talk about anything you like in this forum
kjd01

DFader with Icon Platform M+ Screen

Post by kjd01 » 19 Feb 2019 13:30

I have recently got myself an Icon Platform M+ with the optional screen display. I had a great idea to use DFader on the Master Fader as I don't really use that anyway. The problem I have is that the display firstly doesn't include the Master Fader which is fine, but DFader wipes out the display for all the other Faders when I put it in Control Mode. Is there a way to leave the display as the normal track details like in pass-through mode. As stated the display does not extend to the Master Fader anyway so there is no point in doing anything on the screen and your program doesn't write anything on the screen regardless. At the moment I can bank through tracks and make changes but I can't see what track I am adjusting because the screen is blank.
Also when I come out of Control Mode back to pass through it resets the screen but goes to default which is still not showing the track names. I have to bank the tracks several times to get the screen to refresh and show the actual track names. This is most likely a Cubase issue but worth mentioning. If you can stop taking over the screen in Control Mode then this issue may also go away. Maybe make it an optional setting so other people can have their screen taken over. If you could fix this I could leave it in control mode all the time as my 8 faders will work as normal and the master fader will be DFader.

DT_bettinzana

Re: DFader with Icon Platform M+ Screen

Post by DT_bettinzana » 19 Feb 2019 14:26

kjd01 wrote:
19 Feb 2019 13:30
I have recently got myself an Icon Platform M+ with the optional screen display. I had a great idea to use DFader on the Master Fader as I don't really use that anyway. The problem I have is that the display firstly doesn't include the Master Fader which is fine, but DFader wipes out the display for all the other Faders when I put it in Control Mode. Is there a way to leave the display as the normal track details like in pass-through mode. As stated the display does not extend to the Master Fader anyway so there is no point in doing anything on the screen and your program doesn't write anything on the screen regardless. At the moment I can bank through tracks and make changes but I can't see what track I am adjusting because the screen is blank.
Also when I come out of Control Mode back to pass through it resets the screen but goes to default which is still not showing the track names. I have to bank the tracks several times to get the screen to refresh and show the actual track names. This is most likely a Cubase issue but worth mentioning. If you can stop taking over the screen in Control Mode then this issue may also go away. Maybe make it an optional setting so other people can have their screen taken over. If you could fix this I could leave it in control mode all the time as my 8 faders will work as normal and the master fader will be DFader.
OK, I think that it is possible.
We will do it ASAP.
Silvano Bettinzana
Devil Technologies

Sondy

Post by Sondy » 06 Mar 2019 10:00

Please do that on dtouch for protools if it's possible

Support Team

Post by Support Team » 08 Mar 2019 07:20

kjd01 wrote:
19 Feb 2019 13:30
DFader version 1.2.5 is now available on our website, which has a new setting: "Use External Controller display". It's on by default.
You should disable it in the DFader Settings, then try it again.
Let us know if it works for you too, thanks!

DT_bettinzana

Post by DT_bettinzana » 13 Mar 2019 01:04

kjd01, have you tested it?
Silvano Bettinzana
Devil Technologies

kjd01

Post by kjd01 » 13 Mar 2019 12:09

DT_bettinzana wrote:
13 Mar 2019 01:04
Sorry I haven't been in my studio for a little while. I just tested it out and it works fine. Thanks.

DT_bettinzana

Post by DT_bettinzana » 13 Mar 2019 19:08

kjd01 wrote:
13 Mar 2019 12:09
DT_bettinzana wrote:
13 Mar 2019 01:04
Sorry I haven't been in my studio for a little while. I just tested it out and it works fine. Thanks.
Perfect!
Silvano Bettinzana
Devil Technologies