PT 2018 - DTouch breaks Plugin/Bus-Search on Mac

You can talk about anything you like in this forum
DAW-Support

PT 2018 - DTouch breaks Plugin/Bus-Search on Mac

Post by DAW-Support » 21 Feb 2019 16:55

Hi!

I have a problem with PT2018.12 (but I think I had the same thing happening with .7, too).
With 2018.7 Avid introduced the possibility to search for Plug-Ins and Busses. Simply click on an insert slot (or a send slot), start typing and it will give you a result list where you can select the plugin (or bus). This is a tremendous workflow update, and while working on a PC with DTouch for the last half year this made a BIG difference in speed. Never want to go back :-)

Since January I had to switch back to a Mac with High Sierra. Whenever I start DTouch it breaks the ability to directly search.
This is how it should work:
Click on an Insert-Slot:
Click on Insert Slot
Click on Insert Slot
PT-WorkingSearch_Pic1.png (22.25 KiB) Viewed 4236 times
Simply without any other click start typing (I just typed SSL):
Type something
Type something
PT-WorkingSearch_Pic2.png (45.47 KiB) Viewed 4236 times
...and it gives you a list.

When I start DTouch, it automatically changes the behaviour to this (also notice how the colour of the menu changes):
Click on an Insert-Slot:
Broken: Click on Insert Slot (different colour Menu!)
Broken: Click on Insert Slot (different colour Menu!)
PT-NotWorkingSearch_Pic1.png (26.97 KiB) Viewed 4236 times
Starting to type now only selects the Menu-Entry. Hitting "s" will select "search", hitting "R" will select "recall inserts"...and so on:
Broken: typing selects Menu Entries
Broken: typing selects Menu Entries
PT-NotWorkingSearch_Pic2.png (23.22 KiB) Viewed 4236 times
I am guessing that maybe has to do with the accessibility support of pro tools for visually impaired people? (But those wouldn't be using a touchscreen anyway...)

Already reached out to support three weeks ago but never got an answer. :-/

Can anyone confirm this behaviour? Am I missing something?

Cheers,
This

DT_bettinzana

Re: PT 2018 - DTouch breaks Plugin/Bus-Search on Mac

Post by DT_bettinzana » 21 Feb 2019 18:01

DAW-Support wrote:
21 Feb 2019 16:55
I am guessing that maybe has to do with the accessibility support of pro tools for visually impaired people? (But those wouldn't be using a touchscreen anyway...)
Yes, but the accessibility support is a trick to speed-up tasks on DTouch for PT on OS X. This is the reason why DTouch for PT is a lot better on OS X than on Windows.
Silvano Bettinzana
Devil Technologies