Dtouch for Cubase

You can talk about anything you like in this forum
riveted

Dtouch for Cubase

Post by riveted » 13 Apr 2016 14:57

Thought this might be a good place to ask this and get some experiences from others:

1. I currently have 3 monitors in my Cubase studio setup. I am adding a touchscreen as a 4th monitor.
  • a. Will it still work with 4 monitors
    b. Can I put the Dtouch on just the one touch monitor without impacting the other 3 monitors.
    c. I could not find a demo video, is it an overlay or additional interface or can it breakout from that and function independently?
    d. Are there any issues with moving from the touch screen to the non-touch screens when working on the Dtouch?
    e. Can I still keep my project window in a non-touch enabled monitor and do the mixer in a touch enabled window?
2. I would like to have, easily accessible, key commands and macros I have built in Cubase. Can I create buttons for those key commands and macros?

3. The HP s230tm seems to meet the specs of other monitors listed, has anyone tried it?

4. If I own and run both Cubase and Nuendo, what happens with Dtouch (Will one mess up the other) and do I need to license them separately?

Thanks! :D

Holger

Re: Dtouch for Cubase

Post by Holger » 13 Apr 2016 18:15

I have no idea of DTouch for Cubase, nor Windows. But the monitor you mentioned is only 23". This will be too small. Minimum recommended screen size is 27". And all the monitors they have listed on their products page are 27".
Last edited by Holger on 14 Apr 2016 14:09, edited 1 time in total.
 MBPr 15" (Mid 2015) i7, Pro Tools 12.4, Studio One 3, UA Apollo Quad Firewire, DTouch (Hanns.G HT273HPB)

MichaelScott

Re: Dtouch for Cubase

Post by MichaelScott » 14 Apr 2016 13:48

Yes, a 23" will be too small. As for the other questions, It will work in a multi monitor setup. I have a second 24" non touch along side a 42" touch screen which uses the Dtouch software.
In Dtouch there is "monitor" matrix which will show all monitors you have setup. To get your mouse pointer to the non touch monitors you just select the monitor in the matrix. So no issues moving from one monitor to another.
As per the project window. If I want that to show on the 24", I have setup a selection in dtouch to bring that up.
Any key commands/macros you have setup for cubase can be applied to a dtouch button.
Cubase and Nuendo are 2 different licenses so you would need both

I would look into either 27" monitor listed at the dtouch site or move up to something bigger and go the G5s 4k overlay route.