How Does DTouch for PT (Windows) Overcome Alt Key Issue?

You can talk about anything you like in this forum
NateAlexander

How Does DTouch for PT (Windows) Overcome Alt Key Issue?

Post by NateAlexander » 02 Jul 2020 03:16

Hi there,

I'm trying to integrate a Stream Deck into my setup (I hate scrolling through menus, this gives me instant access to a 32 more macros, plus it can send MIDI!) and boy-- I'm just discovering this apparently widespread issue of being unable to program macros using the ALT or WIN key because of some weird thing with Pro Tools on Windows-- but then I was like, hang on I can use the ALT key in DT!

Any ideas on what's going on here? I appreciate that it's not your product but... would love to use both.

DT_bettinzana

Re: How Does DTouch for PT (Windows) Overcome Alt Key Issue?

Post by DT_bettinzana » 03 Jul 2020 09:46

NateAlexander wrote:
02 Jul 2020 03:16
Hi there,

I'm trying to integrate a Stream Deck into my setup (I hate scrolling through menus, this gives me instant access to a 32 more macros, plus it can send MIDI!) and boy-- I'm just discovering this apparently widespread issue of being unable to program macros using the ALT or WIN key because of some weird thing with Pro Tools on Windows-- but then I was like, hang on I can use the ALT key in DT!

Any ideas on what's going on here? I appreciate that it's not your product but... would love to use both.
DTouch can use the ALT key, but you are asking about the Stream Deck which isn't a Devil Technologies product.
Silvano Bettinzana
Devil Technologies