Newbie question

You can talk about anything you like in this forum
MessiasOF

Newbie question

Post by MessiasOF » 21 May 2021 13:24

Hello,

It's a simple question: Does Symphony allow the user to mix properties of different MIDI instruments and VSTs together? Also, Are MIDI Daisy Chains also supported by Symphony?

Because on the website it says that it is possible to "play" with each parameter / property. I am always looking to experiment and mix different devices and MIDI softwares.

Examples:
MIDI device 1 - controls parameter X in MIDI VST.
MIDI device 2 - controls parameter Y in MIDI VST.
MIDI device 3 - controls something on DAW itself.
MIDI device 4 - the main one that will produce sound while the first two change the parameters of the VST and the fourth controls some parameter in the DAW.

Assign each device to a specific parameter in the VST / Software or even on other devices perhaps. Also (even crazier), it would be possible to connect two or more devices together? Hardware with hardware. Not just hardware with software as mentioned above.

And then, mix and connect several MIDI devices and various software and VSTs between each one for all of them to create a unique and exclusive sound. And being able to manage and modify all of that through Symphony.
---
Sorry for so many questions and explanations, I always wanted to be able to do these crazy combinations and Symphony came out of nowhere and I was very excited about the infinite possibilities. But I want to know first if these things mentioned above are possible.

Thanks in advance,
Emanuel Messias.

Support Team

Re: Newbie question

Post by Support Team » 24 Jun 2021 14:21

MessiasOF wrote:
21 May 2021 13:24
Hello,

It's a simple question: Does Symphony allow the user to mix properties of different MIDI instruments and VSTs together? Also, Are MIDI Daisy Chains also supported by Symphony?

Because on the website it says that it is possible to "play" with each parameter / property. I am always looking to experiment and mix different devices and MIDI softwares.

Examples:
MIDI device 1 - controls parameter X in MIDI VST.
MIDI device 2 - controls parameter Y in MIDI VST.
MIDI device 3 - controls something on DAW itself.
MIDI device 4 - the main one that will produce sound while the first two change the parameters of the VST and the fourth controls some parameter in the DAW.

Assign each device to a specific parameter in the VST / Software or even on other devices perhaps. Also (even crazier), it would be possible to connect two or more devices together? Hardware with hardware. Not just hardware with software as mentioned above.

And then, mix and connect several MIDI devices and various software and VSTs between each one for all of them to create a unique and exclusive sound. And being able to manage and modify all of that through Symphony.
---
Sorry for so many questions and explanations, I always wanted to be able to do these crazy combinations and Symphony came out of nowhere and I was very excited about the infinite possibilities. But I want to know first if these things mentioned above are possible.

Thanks in advance,
Emanuel Messias.
Hello,
in general all this is possible.
You must open as many MIDI ports as you need and all their parameters will be available in Symphony. Then you can perform "math" operations on parameters coming from different MIDI ports.
BUT, keep in mind: in Symphony you can ONLY work on MIDI messages ...

MessiasOF

Re: Newbie question

Post by MessiasOF » 30 Jun 2021 07:46

So happy to read this, thank you so much! And how nice to know that something so specific and improbable is possible.