Cubase DTouch Windows questions

You can talk about anything you like in this forum
navidsyed

Cubase DTouch Windows questions

Post by navidsyed » 17 May 2016 15:03

I might be doing something wrong so I have a Acer T272HL and then my secondary monitor is 39 inch Seiki 4K, now as per instructions I made the touch monitor my primary monitor ( not sure if I really need to do that but regardless) I run cubase then run DTouch, all windows are being opened on the touch monitor? is it possible to just get the fader screen on touch monitor and rest to open in 4K monitor if yes can someone please explain how to achieve or where to refer to solve this problem. :?:

brucerothwell

Re: Cubase DTouch Windows questions

Post by brucerothwell » 17 May 2016 16:50

My DTouch/Pro Tools config has my touchscreen as the secondary monitor, and when go thru the DTouch setup, I get to indicate by touching vs. mouse-clicking which monitor is used for touch and which is not.

I would think that is all you need to do.

Then, once DTouch is up and running for the first time, I decide where my edit and mix windows are, and do make sure and do a resync on the DTouch control panel, and DTouch remembers from then on.

Now, since you are on Cubase, I suppose there are other factors, but I am not sure on that.

Home Studio 87

Post by Home Studio 87 » 17 May 2016 22:40

Hi Start the "Adenced Setting" setup and clic on "Monitor layout" and follow the instruction on the screens... with that you can choose your primay touch screen (Console) and your secondary non touche screen (Project). ;)
Gigabyte GA-X99P-SLI / Intel Corei7 6800k / 32 Go DDR4 / 3x SSD / Win 10 Pro x64 / UAD Apollo Twin USB / UAD2 Satellite Octo USB / UAD2 Octo PCIe / Cubase Pro 10 / VEP6 / D-Touch Cubase / Console 1 / iPad 3 Lemur... /

DT_bettinzana

Post by DT_bettinzana » 18 May 2016 10:10

Hello "navidsyed", as correctly suggested by "Home Studio 87" , you can do that in the "DTouch Advanced Settings" window. Follow the instructions at Chapter 2.5 of the current version of the User Guide.

"brucerothwell", we thank you for your support, but remember that DTouch for Cubase is very different from DTouch for Pro Tools. The fact that they both are named "DTouch" is of no great importance. Each one of our product is highly optimized for a specific DAW.
Silvano Bettinzana
Devil Technologies