Ergotron LX Series HD Sit-Stand

You can talk about anything you like in this forum
dcoate

Re: Ergotron LX Series HD Sit-Stand

Post by dcoate » 24 Aug 2016 20:53

How has this Ergotron stand worked out with Dtouch and a 27" touchscreen? I am new to this and considering adding this to my studio setup. I was thinking about an adjustable touchscreen stand/arm in order to have the touchscreen "hover" over my Tascam DM4800 digital mixer. I'm probably going to phase out the mixer (depending on how little I end up using it for fader control), but would like to include it for now in the setup if possible.

Thanks in advance!

~ufo~

Post by ~ufo~ » 24 Aug 2016 21:07

I'm liking it!

The only downside, has nothing to do with the ergotron itself.

It's because when you mount the iiyama on the arm, the spring loaded foot (stand) collapses inward (to the body of the flatscreen).
It sticks out like half a cm underneath the edge and keeps you from getting the monitor to rest on the desk as low as it would if it was on it's own stand. Now I've emailed iiyama to ask if I can safely remove the stand and they said it can't be removed.
However, I feel like they're kinda just saying that, so I'll probably open it when I get some time and see if I can't remove the stand.
Really, it's not a big thing, it's only half a cm or so, but I'd prefer it.

Overall the ergontron is nice, does what it says on the tin and haven't regretted the purchase one second.

For my situation, the large pole is really not necessary. Even if I get it up high to work while standing (when I play guitar for example) it works fine if the arm is in a low to mid position. If you want any advice, just let me know via PM. We'll skype or something...

Cheers,

Yvo
Yvo van Gemert
Pro Tools Ultimate 2021.12 on 16 Core Ryzen 3950X, Iiyama T27, 23" Apple Cinema display, iPad with PT | Control app, no lava lamp.

pablo1980

Post by pablo1980 » 22 Sep 2016 15:27

Hi...I am in the same boat trying to see how to use the touchscreen monitor, and a regular screen behind it (can´t rise it cause I have a TV in the back for projects video playing)

Also using a midi keyboard on front of everything. I think I would use the ergotron or similar attached to the desk besides the non touch monitor, but the bulk of the arm has me having second thoughts. I wish I could use dtouch on a 23" screen!!!!

I am looking at the monitor arm as a way to accomplish this, does it wobble or moves when you touch the screen at the corners?

I wish I could use dtouch on a 23" screen!!!!

chazC

Post by chazC » 25 Sep 2016 08:40

OK, after a bit of research it appears there's an extension arm available for the Ergotron LX (the standard LX only extends up to 24") - this looks like the solution as it'll easily allow me to offset the desk mount to one side of the 2nd monitor & also allow me to get the touchscreen at a very shallow angle; also accommodating my NI S49 underneath (just pulling the monitor forward & down when I need the controller keys). Luckily it's still within weight limits for my Acer 27" on the extension. :)

Once again, we get ripped off here in Oz so I'll be ordering from Amazon (US) which sadly means it won't be here in time before my overseas trip (I'm trying to get the reorganisation of the control room done before I go).

Anyway, if it's of interest I can post some photos when it's all installed. Thanks again to ~ufo~ for putting my onto this stand & the video! Cheers!
--

Chaz

Pro Tools 11HD/2018 | Cubase Pro 10/Nuendo 8 | RME UFX | 2x Octopre Mk2d | DTouch (Acer 272HL) | Console 1 Mk2 | Komplete Kontrol S49

~ufo~

Post by ~ufo~ » 20 Oct 2016 17:26

By the way, today I finally got round to opening up the Iiyama and removing that tilt stand.

Because I have it on the Ergotron arm, the tilt stand was in the closed position which effectively hindered the screen from being lowered all the way to the desk, so that it would rest on its rubber protectors. This was because the metal foot in the closed position sticks out about half a cm underneath the rubber protectors (this is what the screen rests on when you use the metal stand open.

I nearly bailed on the idea because it didn't look like I could easily open the screen without damaging the plastic at the seams.
Well I went ahead with it, slightly damaged the plastic at the bottom (where no one will see it) but iI'm happy I did because it's a big improvement. The screen is lighter, but more importantly it sits snugly on the desk as though I'm using the built in stand (which I removed),
until I take a hold of it and lift it up to hoover in the air when I play guitar or sing.
It's very nice.

I'm sure that if you use the proper tools you could manage to open the iiyama and remove the stand with hardly damaging the plastic.
Yvo van Gemert
Pro Tools Ultimate 2021.12 on 16 Core Ryzen 3950X, Iiyama T27, 23" Apple Cinema display, iPad with PT | Control app, no lava lamp.

~ufo~

Post by ~ufo~ » 22 Oct 2016 08:00

Here's some pictures of what the stand looks like, how you remove it and what the screen looks like without the stand.
I think it's worth it, the only tricky bit is not damaging the flimsy plastic while prying open the case.
(I suggest you start at the bottom, there's a little gap there to help you get started anyway.
IMG_3762.jpg
IMG_3762.jpg (241.7 KiB) Viewed 6557 times
IMG_3754.jpg
IMG_3754.jpg (268.9 KiB) Viewed 6557 times
IMG_3751.jpg
IMG_3751.jpg (185.81 KiB) Viewed 6557 times
IMG_3747.jpg
IMG_3747.jpg (316.91 KiB) Viewed 6557 times
Yvo van Gemert