Macro Help!

Discussions about Macros for DTouch for Pro Tools, OS X and Windows versions
JustJosh

Macro Help!

Post by JustJosh » 28 Jun 2018 14:29

Hey Guys!

I emailed support asking for some assistance with macros but thought maybe it would be better to post on here.

1st macro I am after is a button that sends a selected clip to a new playlist. I'm not familiar with a keyboard shortcut that does this and was wondering if there was a work around.

2nd is applying an audiosuite effect. I use Vari-fi quite a lot and would love a macro that brings up the Var-Fi window. I've tried recording mouse clicks but find it a bit slow. Is there a way to speed up mouse movement maybe?

3rd, and this is probably a bit ambitious, but I usually have a track that I use for talkback. Is there a way to make a macro that I can press that will activate the input monitoring on that specific track.

And lastly memory markers. I've figured how to add and show markers but I can't seem to figure out how to jump to those memory locations.

Thanks for all your great work!

Josh

~ufo~

Re: Macro Help!

Post by ~ufo~ » 29 Jun 2018 09:32

Hi Josh!

The 1st is probably in the preset macros, if not, I might have one for you. I'll look later.

the 2nd: when you make a macro there's an option to open a pro tools menu item. Since vari-fi is in your audiosuite window, that's what I would try to use to create a macro to open vari-fi.

3rd: uhm.... dunno, I'd have to ponder on that. Maybe the support people can cook one up for you.

Lastly, on the memory markers: I seem to recall covering that in one of my videos.
Have you checked my dtouch tips & tricks videos on youtube?

I've got them in this playlist along with a few other Dtouch and touchscreen related videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... y6Xqs1p7vi

Please do subscribe to my studio1on1 channel, which is the youtube channel of my online teaching platform (online 1on1 music production teaching sessions).
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqlswZ ... C2OIv1QJuQ

Hope this helps,

Yvo
Yvo van Gemert
Pro Tools Ultimate 2021.12 on 16 Core Ryzen 3950X, Iiyama T27, 23" Apple Cinema display, iPad with PT | Control app, no lava lamp.