Dtouch with two touch screens.

Discussions about Macros for DTouch for Cubase and DTouch for Nuendo
petermcc

Dtouch with two touch screens.

Post by petermcc » 23 Dec 2016 10:06

Is it possible to use two touch screens on Windows 10 setting up one as mixer window and one as arrangement page.

Home Studio 87

Re: Dtouch with two touch screens.

Post by Home Studio 87 » 23 Dec 2016 13:17

yes but only one is used by DTouch
Gigabyte GA-X99P-SLI / Intel Corei7 6800k / 32 Go DDR4 / 3x SSD / Win 10 Pro x64 / UAD Apollo Twin USB / UAD2 Satellite Octo USB / UAD2 Octo PCIe / Cubase Pro 10 / VEP6 / D-Touch Cubase / Console 1 / iPad 3 Lemur... /

DT_bettinzana

Post by DT_bettinzana » 23 Dec 2016 17:17

Yes, it is possible.
But you don't have two toolbars, one for each touchscreen. To be honest, with the introduction of the Standard Functions Soft-Buttons, we think that this is not a limitation; in fact you could build some folders with all the buttons that we usually include in the toolbars.

IMPORTANT: there is an Operating System limitation: you cannot have two fingers on two windows at the same time.
Silvano Bettinzana
Devil Technologies

Home Studio 87

Post by Home Studio 87 » 23 Dec 2016 17:38

IMPORTANT: there is an Operating System limitation: you cannot have two fingers on two windows at the same time.
You talk about Windows or DTouch ?
Gigabyte GA-X99P-SLI / Intel Corei7 6800k / 32 Go DDR4 / 3x SSD / Win 10 Pro x64 / UAD Apollo Twin USB / UAD2 Satellite Octo USB / UAD2 Octo PCIe / Cubase Pro 10 / VEP6 / D-Touch Cubase / Console 1 / iPad 3 Lemur... /

DT_bettinzana

Post by DT_bettinzana » 23 Dec 2016 17:57

Home Studio 87 wrote:
You talk about Windows or DTouch ?
Examples on Windows (not OS X):

1) You cannot have one finger on a Plug-In GUI and another one on a DTouch fader.

2) You cannot have one finger on the GUI of Plug-In "1" and another finger on the GUI of Plug-In "2"

3) You cannot have one finger on MS Internet Explorer and another one on Google Chrome.

I cannot test all this on Windows 10 now, but I think that all what I previously said is true. Isn't it?
Silvano Bettinzana
Devil Technologies

petermcc

Post by petermcc » 24 Dec 2016 13:36

Thanks guys. If I understand correctly I can have two touch screens one with the mixer view the other with the arrange page. I am unable to be touching both screens at once which is fine. Will the focus move from screen A to screen B when touched. If so this is exactly what I wish. It would enable me to see both windows as I do at present ( have one touch one non touch ) and touch on either just not at the same time.

DT_bettinzana

Post by DT_bettinzana » 24 Dec 2016 16:34

petermcc wrote:Thanks guys. If I understand correctly I can have two touch screens one with the mixer view the other with the arrange page. I am unable to be touching both screens at once which is fine. Will the focus move from screen A to screen B when touched. If so this is exactly what I wish. It would enable me to see both windows as I do at present ( have one touch one non touch ) and touch on either just not at the same time.
Yes, the focus follows your touches, absolutely!

And to add some useful tips: you could create a folder (or more than one) with some tools useful for editing and place it on the touchscreen with the arrange page. In this way you have a touchscreen dedicated to the mixer (with the DTouch overlay) and onother touchscreen for editing, with the arranger window and some DTouch folders with editing tool, macros, etc ...

I don't do this with the Arranger window, but I do something similar with the MIDI editor because I spent a lot of my time with MIDI.
Silvano Bettinzana
Devil Technologies

petermcc

Post by petermcc » 03 Jan 2017 09:01

Thanks. Now have two touch screens. Bit of a challenge setting up with windows 10 but all now working perfectly.

Made a folder with buttons which suit the arrange page.

Pity Cubase won't react to pinch etc but other than that works exceptionally well. It was difficult having one touch and one not as you needed two disciplines. I now hardly touch the mouse.

Thanks for your help.