Macro to open floating mixer, channel editor and one macro folder?

Discussions about Macros for DTouch for Cubase and DTouch for Nuendo
DT_bettinzana

Re: Macro to open floating mixer, channel editor and one macro folder?

Post by DT_bettinzana » 29 Jan 2018 15:56

DT_bettinzana wrote:
27 Jan 2018 14:27
Tumppi wrote:
27 Jan 2018 12:08
Hi!
Yep, I have two workspaces. One for mixing and one for editing.
The way I (we) work is I do both editing and mixing "simultaneously". While editing fx and dialog we are always making temp mix at the same time.
So when editing I mostly work on project window and a little with mixing workspace.
When mixing the final mix we go pretty often back to editing things to make everything sit better together in the mix. So it is back and forth with the workspaces...
That is why I am looking a way to make the switch between editing and mixing as easy as possible. As it was with interrgrated mixer.

And when editing sound fx, music and dialog the project window needs to be big so I can see many tracks and events at the same time.
So yes, I have the project window so "big" that it takes almost all of the 27" touch screen leaving just a little room for two DTouch macrofolders (in my case one is on the left side of the screen and on is at the bottom) that have button customized for editing.

Did this help to understand what I'm looking for?

Bye /Tumppi
OK, on Monday we will try to replicate your 2 scenarios with a macro to swap between them.
Hello!
We must wait till tomorrow for this.
Silvano Bettinzana
Devil Technologies

Tumppi

Post by Tumppi » 29 Jan 2018 17:52

DT_bettinzana wrote:
29 Jan 2018 15:56
DT_bettinzana wrote:
27 Jan 2018 14:27
Tumppi wrote:
27 Jan 2018 12:08
Hi!
Yep, I have two workspaces. One for mixing and one for editing.
The way I (we) work is I do both editing and mixing "simultaneously". While editing fx and dialog we are always making temp mix at the same time.
So when editing I mostly work on project window and a little with mixing workspace.
When mixing the final mix we go pretty often back to editing things to make everything sit better together in the mix. So it is back and forth with the workspaces...
That is why I am looking a way to make the switch between editing and mixing as easy as possible. As it was with interrgrated mixer.

And when editing sound fx, music and dialog the project window needs to be big so I can see many tracks and events at the same time.
So yes, I have the project window so "big" that it takes almost all of the 27" touch screen leaving just a little room for two DTouch macrofolders (in my case one is on the left side of the screen and on is at the bottom) that have button customized for editing.

Did this help to understand what I'm looking for?

Bye /Tumppi
OK, on Monday we will try to replicate your 2 scenarios with a macro to swap between them.
Hello!
We must wait till tomorrow for this.
No problem...
gear:
Nuendo, latest
Pro Tools 12.5
Win10 64bit
Acer 27" touch screen
RME FF800

Tumppi

Post by Tumppi » 30 Jan 2018 15:37

Now I have totally lost it...

This not wanted behaviour is back.
AFAIK nothing is changed but now when I have my mix workspace open and close a plug in GUI I loose floating mixer under project window that lurks always behind everything when I work.
To get floating mixer back I have to select folders topmost, tap on some visual part of the floating mixer and tap to deselect folders topmost.

Bye / Tumppi
gear:
Nuendo, latest
Pro Tools 12.5
Win10 64bit
Acer 27" touch screen
RME FF800

DT_bettinzana

Post by DT_bettinzana » 30 Jan 2018 15:53

Tumppi, I did not read your recent posts (I will do later), but at the moment I want to share with you the following video: https://youtu.be/FvYZ3w-fPeU
It is a rough video. Use the slow-motion (!) an pay great attention to it. You will see 3 macro buttons to recall 3 different "workspaces" (these are 3 examples). Tell me if this is what you need and I will explain how to do it.
At the end our guy uses the mouse to click on the macro buttons only to permit you to see the buttons better. Obviously, you can tap with fingers, as usual!

Please, this is a not public video. Don't spread the link.
Silvano Bettinzana
Devil Technologies

Tumppi

Post by Tumppi » 30 Jan 2018 16:45

Yep, that video pretty much nails it. Pretty handy if I get it to work like that.

And for a short time I had it (almost) like that. Then it went back to mess...

B\Tumppi
gear:
Nuendo, latest
Pro Tools 12.5
Win10 64bit
Acer 27" touch screen
RME FF800

DT_bettinzana

Post by DT_bettinzana » 30 Jan 2018 17:17

Tumppi wrote:
30 Jan 2018 16:45
Yep, that video pretty much nails it. Pretty handy if I get it to work like that.

And for a short time I had it (almost) like that. Then it went back to mess...

B\Tumppi
OK, but tell me if it is exactly what you want. Do you need something different?
Silvano Bettinzana
Devil Technologies

Tumppi

Post by Tumppi » 30 Jan 2018 18:02

If I understood correctly in the video this guy can easily swap workspaces between Nuendos project window and a mixing workspace that includes floating mixer, two macro folders and channel editor and the ability to have plugins opened, manipulated and closed without loosing parts of the mixing workspace.
So yes.

I don't know if it is relevant, but I do have one edit toolbar macro folder under the Nuendo project window when editing. This is for quick access to some handy buttons when editing obviously...
gear:
Nuendo, latest
Pro Tools 12.5
Win10 64bit
Acer 27" touch screen
RME FF800

DT_bettinzana

Post by DT_bettinzana » 30 Jan 2018 18:15

Tumppi wrote:
30 Jan 2018 18:02
If I understood correctly in the video this guy can easily swap workspaces between Nuendos project window and a mixing workspace that includes floating mixer, two macro folders and channel editor and the ability to have plugins opened, manipulated and closed without loosing parts of the mixing workspace.
So yes.
EXACTLY! We have demonstrated that you can work without loosing parts of your mixing workspace. The trick is recall a Nuendo-Workspace with a DTouch macro in order to minimize the Nuendo Project window and avoid the it will jump in topmost. I have suggested this before.
Tumppi wrote:
I don't know if it is relevant, but I do have one edit toolbar macro folder under the Nuendo project window when editing. This is for quick access to some handy buttons when editing obviously...
No, it is not relevant since you can build your preferred workspace. Also more than one.

To resume: if this is what you need, you can do it. We have added some macro functions to recall a Nuendo-Workspace from a DTouch macro without the need to associate it to a keyboard shortcut. If what you see in the video is sufficient, we will copile the new DTouch version and we will post the macros here with an explanation of how to do this ... it is not difficult.

And, last but not least, the workspace swap is faster than the old one in the DTouch "legacy mode".
Silvano Bettinzana
Devil Technologies

Tumppi

Post by Tumppi » 30 Jan 2018 18:21

DT_bettinzana wrote:
30 Jan 2018 18:15
Tumppi wrote:
So yes.
EXACTLY! We have demonstrated that you can work without loosing parts of your mixing workspace. The trick is recall a Nuendo-Workspace with a DTouch macro in order to minimize the Nuendo Project window and avoid the it will jump in topmost. I have suggested this before.
Tumppi wrote:
No, it is not relevant since you can build your preferred workspace. Also more than one.

To resume: if this is what you need, you can do it. We have added some macro functions to recall a Nuendo-Workspace from a DTouch macro without the need to associate it to a keyboard shortcut. If what you see in the video is sufficient, we will copile the new DTouch version and we will post the macros here with an explanation of how to do this ... it is not difficult.

And, last but not least, the workspace swap is faster than the old one in the DTouch "legacy mode".
This is just perfect!
I'm pretty sure quite many of those who was sorry to loose the intergrated (legacy) mixer will be quite happy with this. It is almost the same. Looks is different but functionality is the same.

Cool!
gear:
Nuendo, latest
Pro Tools 12.5
Win10 64bit
Acer 27" touch screen
RME FF800

Support Team

Post by Support Team » 01 Feb 2018 15:37

This feature has been added to DTouch for Cubase and DTouch for Nuendo, since version 1.3.25 Beta.
The following instructions tell you how to use it for Nuendo, but they apply to Cubase too:

Recall DTouch Workspace - Mixing
  • Position DTouch/Nuendo windows
  • Add a new Workspace in Nuendo, then make sure that it's the first one on the Global Workspaces list
  • Import the "Recall DTouch Workspace - Mixing" Macro in DTouch
  • Edit the first part of the Macro:
    • Set the names of the Macro Folders that should be opened, for example:

Code: Select all

macro_folders_to_open = ["DT Folder 1", "DT Folder 2"]
    • You can choose the Floating Mixer position and size. If you want it to have the current position/size, set:

change_floating_mixer_properties = 0
      Otherwise, set:

change_floating_mixer_properties = 1
      and then populate the following variables:

floating_mixer_x floating_mixer_y floating_mixer_w floating_mixer_h

Recall DTouch Workspace - Editing
  • Position DTouch/Nuendo windows
  • Add a new Workspace in Nuendo, then make sure that it's the second one on the Global Workspaces list
  • Import the "Recall DTouch Workspace - Editing" Macro in DTouch
  • Edit the first part of the Macro:
    • Set the names of the Macro Folders that should be opened, for example:

macro_folders_to_open = ["DT Folder 1", "DT Folder 2"]
Attachments
Recall DTouch Workspace - Editing [Nuendo].dat
(1.57 KiB) Downloaded 309 times
Recall DTouch Workspace - Mixing [Nuendo].dat
(2.49 KiB) Downloaded 321 times