Macro to open floating mixer, channel editor and one macro folder?

Discussions about Macros for DTouch for Cubase and DTouch for Nuendo
pablo1980

Re: Macro to open floating mixer, channel editor and one macro folder?

Post by pablo1980 » 10 Feb 2018 23:58

DT_bettinzana wrote:
10 Feb 2018 15:14
Tumppi wrote:
09 Feb 2018 10:26
Ready workspace setups with different sets of stuff opening.
-float with 2 macrofolders and channel editos
- float with 1 macrofolder, panner
-float with 1 macrofolder
Etc...

One could pick up the ones that suit the hus/hers needs, place them as desired, customize rows and columns etc.
Would be pretty easy setting up...
We could pre-write some macros (even if I don't understand the sense; why not start from an example and write your own?), but, if you think that we could build an object container (a window where you can "import" your preferred GUI elements), I can tell that it will very far in the future.
Why? Too complex!
You will ask: "why not some preconfigured GUI winwdos?". Because nor 1 nor 100 will fit the needs of all the users. For example, you want to leave the area for the channel editor. Not everybody want it. And, you want a channel editor without the master fader ... others need it; you don't need the direct routing ... other wants it ... etc ... etc ...
1 fader , 2 faders, 8 ... 24 ... sends, matrix, macro-buttons ... etc ... etc ...

So, in my opinion the current multi-windows DTouch GUI is the only one with the highest freedom. We will include a function to immediately and easily "capture" a layout and its sister function to recall the layouts.
I know: the multi-window GUI waste a lot of space for windows title, buttons for moving and closing it, but I have no other ideas at the moment.
I think one of the first things I would try to change is the folder titles and closing button, it is another row of buttons we could use.....
1. I don´t think we need titles anymore, the buttons are self explanatory
2. the closing button should be adressed with the macro button we use to open the folder in the first time
3. Moving the folders can be done by clicking between the buttons, is hard but I don´t move the folders a lot, it can be also done with the mouse.

(this is my opinion and all of these should be added as an option to let users decide)

DT_bettinzana

Post by DT_bettinzana » 11 Feb 2018 11:53

pablo1980 wrote:
10 Feb 2018 23:58
I think one of the first things I would try to change is the folder titles and closing button, it is another row of buttons we could use.....
1. I don´t think we need titles anymore, the buttons are self explanatory
2. the closing button should be adressed with the macro button we use to open the folder in the first time
3. Moving the folders can be done by clicking between the buttons, is hard but I don´t move the folders a lot, it can be also done with the mouse.

(this is my opinion and all of these should be added as an option to let users decide)
Good idea. We will include an option for this.
Silvano Bettinzana
Devil Technologies

DT_bettinzana

Post by DT_bettinzana » 13 Feb 2018 15:23

Hello!
I post this here because it is a "minor" update and the interested users are following this thread:

you can find a new update (1.3.27-beta) of DTouch for Cubase/Nuendo with the following news:

1) as requested, now you can hide the classic window control buttons with the settings checkbox "Show Control buttons on DTouch windows".

2) as requested by one user, we have included a button to minimize some DTouch windows (where there is an available area).

3) Added the "Don't show this message again" in the message box with the warning for duplicated track names (stop that torture for ever).

4) as requested by many of you: the new "DTouch - MIDI Remote Controller" window.
You can open it with the "MIDI REMOTE CTRL WIN" standard button.
It sends MIDIcc to the "DTouch Global MIDI Out" MIDI port (check the thread about the Expression Maps manager in DTouch for infos about this MIDI port setup).
This window is resizable till 32 faders. No MIDIcc feedback from Cubendo (it would be impossible).
Double click on the name label to assign a name to that control.
Silvano Bettinzana
Devil Technologies

Havoc911

Post by Havoc911 » 13 Feb 2018 21:44

DT_bettinzana wrote:
13 Feb 2018 15:23
4) as requested by many of you: the new "DTouch - MIDI Remote Controller" window.
You can open it with the "MIDI REMOTE CTRL WIN" standard button.
It sends MIDIcc to the "DTouch Global MIDI Out" MIDI port (check the thread about the Expression Maps manager in DTouch for infos about this MIDI port setup).
This window is resizable till 32 faders. No MIDIcc feedback from Cubendo (it would be impossible).
Double click on the name label to assign a name to that control.
Hi!

I love having this functionality within Dtouch. The window loads a bit slowly after the button is pressed. I have found that 1.3.27 is a bit unstable on my system and has crashed several times. I have to reboot the system to fix it and then it may only last an hour or so until another crash. I haven't been able to determine a cause of the crash. It seems random.

MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott » 14 Feb 2018 00:16

Send Dtouch Support the Crash Logs. They would certainly love to see them :)

DT_bettinzana

Post by DT_bettinzana » 14 Feb 2018 00:17

Havoc911 wrote:
13 Feb 2018 21:44
I have found that 1.3.27 is a bit unstable on my system and has crashed several times. I have to reboot the system to fix it and then it may only last an hour or so until another crash. I haven't been able to determine a cause of the crash. It seems random.
I am so sad to read this.
Is a problem of this last version only?
We will check, but any additional info by you would be extremely helpful.
Your OS? Cubase version?
Silvano Bettinzana
Devil Technologies

Havoc911

Post by Havoc911 » 14 Feb 2018 00:32

DT_bettinzana wrote:
14 Feb 2018 00:17
Your OS? Cubase version?
Yes, v1.3.26 was stable. I'm on Windows 10 home 64 bit and Cubase 9.5.10. After the last reboot, it hasn't crashed again. I will make a note of what was going on if it crashes again.

Thanks!

Havoc911

Post by Havoc911 » 14 Feb 2018 00:38

MichaelScott wrote:
14 Feb 2018 00:16
Send Dtouch Support the Crash Logs. They would certainly love to see them :)
Good idea. Here is the event viewer log from Windows:

Faulting application name: DTouch.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5a82faba
Faulting module name: MSVCR100.dll, version: 10.0.40219.325, time stamp: 0x4df2be1e
Exception code: 0x40000015
Fault offset: 0x0008d6fd
Faulting process id: 0x1698
Faulting application start time: 0x01d3a512965d0b98
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\DTouch for Cubase V1\DTouch.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MSVCR100.dll
Report Id: 10fcc3da-29a6-4131-9ed0-8e820de82c4f
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Havoc911

Post by Havoc911 » 14 Feb 2018 02:46

It's been 6 hours now with no additional crashes. :D

DT_bettinzana

Post by DT_bettinzana » 14 Feb 2018 09:43

Havoc911 wrote:
14 Feb 2018 02:46
It's been 6 hours now with no additional crashes. :D
OK, we are only partially happy.
Can you remember if this is related to a specific Cubase project? A project that you have opened only with this last version and never (or only for a bit of time) with previous versions? If you can isolate a faulty project, send it to us by E-Mail. At the moment we have no other ideas.
Silvano Bettinzana
Devil Technologies