How to write a Good Macro - Tutorial 1 (Cubase)

Discussions about Macros for DTouch for Cubase and DTouch for Nuendo
MichaelScott

Re: How to write a Good Macro - Tutorial 1 (Cubase)

Post by MichaelScott » 23 Feb 2017 15:48

Constantine wrote:
Now I just need to figure out how I can have it load then close the plugin gui. I tried it on a 40 track mix and closing all those windows takes time:)
Another way: In preferences/ VST/ Plug-in/ deselect "Open Effect Editor after Loading it"
Thanks Constantine for the suggestion. I usually have that checked but for loading something across multiple tracks like for instance Slate VMR mix channels I would prefer thay all dont open. But now that I think about it, it would be easier to havevit un checked and I could just open any single plugins I load after the fact.

MichaelScott

Re: ***„Add user defined plug-in“ without open or close Editor Channel!***

Post by MichaelScott » 23 Feb 2017 15:50

Constantine wrote:Very happy with this wonderful macro. :-)
All my plug-ins works flawlessly.
I added 3 simple lines of command, one before and two after the macro.
All you have to do is to set in Cubase your shortcut for Channel Editor, and add a sleep time for plug-in to load. Most of my plug-in works with 400 ms, even 200 or less, but in some cases it takes more to load. I selected in picture those 3 line of commands. Hope this helps.
:shock: This is excellent! Going to try it out later today when I have time. Thx!

MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott » 16 Mar 2017 14:15

Constantine wrote:Very happy with this wonderful macro. :-)
All my plug-ins works flawlessly.
I added 3 simple lines of command, one before and two after the macro.
All you have to do is to set in Cubase your shortcut for Channel Editor, and add a sleep time for plug-in to load. Most of my plug-in works with 400 ms, even 200 or less, but in some cases it takes more to load. I selected in picture those 3 line of commands. Hope this helps.
Are you having issues with UAD Powered Plugins and also Sound Toys? I cannot get these to load. They stop at the plugin selection and don't select the plugin name but make it to the selection. I've increased load time but does not help. Any ideas? :(

Constantine

Post by Constantine » 17 Mar 2017 00:48

MichaelScott wrote: Are you having issues with UAD Powered Plugins and also Sound Toys? I cannot get these to load. They stop at the plugin selection and don't select the plugin name but make it to the selection. I've increased load time but does not help. Any ideas? :(
That's weird. Don't know about UAD, but Sound Toys and all of my plugins works without problems. However, for example Decapitator from Sound Toys exceeds 2000 ms, but the rest of the plugins have faster load times.

1) You can increase a huge amount of time (3000 - 4000), and then gradually decrease until you reach the fastest load time... (Some plugins start slowly for the first time, and faster after. So, restart Cubase and increase time if needed.)

2) If you have installed many plugins, but don't map all of them, it's a good idea to make some collection in Plugin Manager, it's easier to find your plugins and avoid conflicts in macro. ( Test your name of plugin before changing the macro... some plugins do not come on top with the first word, so it's a little game of words.)

3) To shorten the loading time I tend to use a shorter name in Macro Configuration, though if I use just 2 or 3 characters, sometime the macro have unusual behavior (for ex: starts Play, Record etc). Minimum stable number of character I find is 5.

4) Test your UAD and Sound Toys plugins on another computer, notebook...

Home Studio 87

Post by Home Studio 87 » 17 Mar 2017 01:09

UAD & SoundToys no Problem here exept when plugin have the same start name like UAD Fairchil 660 & UAD Fairchild 670 and some other like this, whatever manufacrurer are HALion & HALion Sonic etc.........
Gigabyte GA-X99P-SLI / Intel Corei7 6800k / 32 Go DDR4 / 3x SSD / Win 10 Pro x64 / UAD Apollo Twin USB / UAD2 Satellite Octo USB / UAD2 Octo PCIe / Cubase Pro 10 / VEP6 / D-Touch Cubase / Console 1 / iPad 3 Lemur... /

MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott » 17 Mar 2017 04:21

Thanks guys. I tried a few of your suggestions but still same behavior. Will see if I can spend more time tomorrow but I sent a link of a quick capture of the issue to both of you. All other plugins load fine. All exact same macro.... :|

Home Studio 87

Post by Home Studio 87 » 17 Mar 2017 12:41

Michael can you try the one that I've made : https://1drv.ms/u/s!AiJlWy7a7ShBr7o9bG-tbx6nR6Vokg

Some UAD and SoundToys.
Gigabyte GA-X99P-SLI / Intel Corei7 6800k / 32 Go DDR4 / 3x SSD / Win 10 Pro x64 / UAD Apollo Twin USB / UAD2 Satellite Octo USB / UAD2 Octo PCIe / Cubase Pro 10 / VEP6 / D-Touch Cubase / Console 1 / iPad 3 Lemur... /

MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott » 17 Mar 2017 14:40

Home Studio 87 wrote:
17 Mar 2017 12:41
Michael can you try the one that I've made : https://1drv.ms/u/s!AiJlWy7a7ShBr7o9bG-tbx6nR6Vokg

Some UAD and SoundToys.
Thanks Home Studio 87. Just tried a few and the exact same behavior occurs. I will try and spend some time tonight when I have some free time. So I take it your macro works fine on your system. Very odd it's not working on mine. Anyways thanks for your help!

DT_bettinzana

Post by DT_bettinzana » 17 Mar 2017 17:29

MichaelScott wrote:
17 Mar 2017 14:40
Home Studio 87 wrote:

Some UAD and SoundToys.
Thanks Home Studio 87. Just tried a few and the exact same behavior occurs. I will try and spend some time tonight when I have some free time. So I take it your macro works fine on your system. Very odd it's not working on mine. Anyways thanks for your help!
Hello Michael,
let us 2-3 days and we will help you (we are working very hard on other very interesting things).
Please, can you describe what you see at each step of the macro? Where is the point at which the macro doesn't work for you?
Silvano Bettinzana
Devil Technologies

MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott » 17 Mar 2017 22:51

DT_bettinzana wrote:
17 Mar 2017 17:29
MichaelScott wrote:
17 Mar 2017 14:40
Home Studio 87 wrote:

Some UAD and SoundToys.
Hello Michael,
let us 2-3 days and we will help you (we are working very hard on other very interesting things).
Please, can you describe what you see at each step of the macro? Where is the point at which the macro doesn't work for you?
Hi Silvano,
I have a link of the behavior. You can see other plugins are working fine but when I select UAD or Sound Toys the macro stops right at the plugin selection.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7t4yxtr0vcvq7 ... e.mp4?dl=0

I was too busy today to investigate further but will get a chance later to check again the macro.