How to write a Good Macro - Tutorial 1 (Cubase)

Discussions about Macros for DTouch for Cubase and DTouch for Nuendo
DT_bettinzana

Re: How to write a Good Macro - Tutorial 1 (Cubase)

Post by DT_bettinzana » 17 Mar 2017 23:30

MichaelScott wrote:
17 Mar 2017 22:51
DT_bettinzana wrote:
17 Mar 2017 17:29
MichaelScott wrote:
17 Mar 2017 14:40

Thanks Home Studio 87. Just tried a few and the exact same behavior occurs. I will try and spend some time tonight when I have some free time. So I take it your macro works fine on your system. Very odd it's not working on mine. Anyways thanks for your help!
Hello Michael,
let us 2-3 days and we will help you (we are working very hard on other very interesting things).
Please, can you describe what you see at each step of the macro? Where is the point at which the macro doesn't work for you?
Hi Silvano,
I have a link of the behavior. You can see other plugins are working fine but when I select UAD or Sound Toys the macro stops right at the plugin selection.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7t4yxtr0vcvq7 ... e.mp4?dl=0

I was too busy today to investigate further but will get a chance later to check again the macro.
Thank you!
Is it a case that you have this problem with the plugins which are in the "External Plug-ins" group?
Lets forget for a moment the macro; if you type "UAD Vertigo VSM-3" in the search box and then go on by hand, does it work?

Anyway, we will check this on Monday.

It could be not useful for this, but I want to suggest a killer tool for macro debugging: the "Run Step" Macro Player. Check it in the DTouch User Guide. Sometimes it could be your best friend during macro writing.
Silvano Bettinzana
Devil Technologies

MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott » 18 Mar 2017 18:37

DT_bettinzana wrote:
17 Mar 2017 23:30
MichaelScott wrote:
17 Mar 2017 22:51
DT_bettinzana wrote:
17 Mar 2017 17:29

Hello Michael,
let us 2-3 days and we will help you (we are working very hard on other very interesting things).
Please, can you describe what you see at each step of the macro? Where is the point at which the macro doesn't work for you?
Hi Silvano,
I have a link of the behavior. You can see other plugins are working fine but when I select UAD or Sound Toys the macro stops right at the plugin selection.

I was too busy today to investigate further but will get a chance later to check again the macro.
Thank you!
Is it a case that you have this problem with the plugins which are in the "External Plug-ins" group?
Lets forget for a moment the macro; if you type "UAD Vertigo VSM-3" in the search box and then go on by hand, does it work?

Anyway, we will check this on Monday.

It could be not useful for this, but I want to suggest a killer tool for macro debugging: the "Run Step" Macro Player. Check it in the DTouch User Guide. Sometimes it could be your best friend during macro writing.
No none of these plugins are in the external plugin group and to the second question, if I type it in it does the exact same thing. I've added more plugins testing most of what I have and the only other one that does this behavior is Voxengo Elephant. The other Voxengo plugins load fine.
Thanks for the heads up on the Macro Player "Run Step" also. :mrgreen:

Constantine

Post by Constantine » 18 Mar 2017 21:07

OK. This behavior don't seems to be related to DTouch. For some reason your selection remain on Soundtoys FOLDER not on your requested plugin.
As I said in an earlier posts, make some collection on Plugin Manager and you're done. The major differences in collection is the option to get rid of folders. Tested a bit with and without folder and seems to work. Give it a try! ;-)

(The modified version of the macro is intended to work only in Project window, for DTouch Mixer use the original version.)

MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott » 19 Mar 2017 23:00

Constantine wrote:
18 Mar 2017 21:07
OK. This behavior don't seems to be related to DTouch. For some reason your selection remain on Soundtoys FOLDER not on your requested plugin.
As I said in an earlier posts, make some collection on Plugin Manager and you're done. The major differences in collection is the option to get rid of folders. Tested a bit with and without folder and seems to work. Give it a try! ;-)

(The modified version of the macro is intended to work only in Project window, for DTouch Mixer use the original version.)
:mrgreen: Of course Constantine you were right! It's the folders. The TDR plugins and others I first added to the macro were all outside folders. Some folders work but not for the UAD and Sound Toys. I needed to add a collection with with all these plugins out side of folders. Then they all work. One thing to note is for UAD, I had to add the SE versions to some to get the plugin to work in the macro. I guess I wasn't "listening" :shock: when you mentioned earlier about collections! lol Thanks for reminding me..

As per the modified version of the macro, it still works good in the mixer window. I like to have the macro in both the Project window and the Mixer window and all I did was dup and delete the keyboard command for mixer window :twisted:

Thanks all for helping out and hopefully this can be a lesson to anyone having a similar problem :shock: :mrgreen:

p.s. and Thx Constantine!

MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott » 20 Jul 2018 02:12

DT_support wrote:
09 Feb 2017 10:51
Constantine wrote:Thanks. This is really impressive. An fx plugin on first free slot will be the next ninja level skills! :D
As promised:

DTouch for Cubase MacroCubase - Add user defined Plug-In.dat
DTouch for Nuendo MacroNuendo - Add user defined Plug-In.dat
This Macro has some advanced features, and can be configured by inspecting/editing the first Macro Command. Check it out!
In particular, this Macro can be configured to add the Plug-In to the first free slot, or to a specified slot.

Requirements:
  1. This Macro required some new features in DTouch. The minimum required DTouch version is:
    • DTouch for Cubase: v 1.2.46
    • DTouch for Nuendo: v 1.1.26
  2. This Macro operates on the Track Channel Editor. The Channel Editor for the Track on which you want to operate must already be opened prior to launching the Macro.
Anyway we can get this for the current Standard Version 1.4.8 :mrgreen:

pablo1980

Post by pablo1980 » 20 Jul 2018 13:43

I didn´t know there was a new version, I am using 1.4.5

Any crazy new features?

DT_bettinzana

Post by DT_bettinzana » 20 Jul 2018 15:21

MichaelScott wrote:
20 Jul 2018 02:12
DT_support wrote:
Constantine wrote:Thanks. This is really impressive. An fx plugin on first free slot will be the next ninja level skills! :D
As promised:

This Macro has some advanced features, and can be configured by inspecting/editing the first Macro Command. Check it out!
In particular, this Macro can be configured to add the Plug-In to the first free slot, or to a specified slot.

Requirements:
  1. This Macro required some new features in DTouch. The minimum required DTouch version is:
  2. This Macro operates on the Track Channel Editor. The Channel Editor for the Track on which you want to operate must already be opened prior to launching the Macro.
Hello!
On Monday we will post here the macro updated for the Standard Mode (it will have some limitations).
Silvano Bettinzana
Devil Technologies

DT_bettinzana

Post by DT_bettinzana » 20 Jul 2018 15:23

pablo1980 wrote:
20 Jul 2018 13:43
I didn´t know there was a new version, I am using 1.4.5

Any crazy new features?
Only bug fixes.
Anyway we are now working on the promised improvements of the Floating Mixer.
Silvano Bettinzana
Devil Technologies

MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott » 21 Jul 2018 00:28

DT_bettinzana wrote:
20 Jul 2018 15:21
MichaelScott wrote:
20 Jul 2018 02:12
DT_support wrote:

As promised:

Requirements:
Hello!
On Monday we will post here the macro updated for the Standard Mode (it will have some limitations).
You guys are truly the best. Thx!

Home Studio 87

Post by Home Studio 87 » 21 Jul 2018 00:43

Anyway we are now working on the promised improvements of the Floating Mixer.
I Like that…… 8-) ;)
Gigabyte GA-X99P-SLI / Intel Corei7 6800k / 32 Go DDR4 / 3x SSD / Win 10 Pro x64 / UAD Apollo Twin USB / UAD2 Satellite Octo USB / UAD2 Octo PCIe / Cubase Pro 10 / VEP6 / D-Touch Cubase / Console 1 / iPad 3 Lemur... /