How to write a Good Macro - Tutorial 1 (Cubase)

Discussions about Macros for DTouch for Cubase and DTouch for Nuendo
Home Studio 87

Re: How to write a Good Macro - Tutorial 1 (Cubase)

Post by Home Studio 87 » 30 Jul 2018 12:20

you don't need mono plugin version in cubase
Gigabyte GA-X99P-SLI / Intel Corei7 6800k / 32 Go DDR4 / 3x SSD / Win 10 Pro x64 / UAD Apollo Twin USB / UAD2 Satellite Octo USB / UAD2 Octo PCIe / Cubase Pro 10 / VEP6 / D-Touch Cubase / Console 1 / iPad 3 Lemur... /

MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott » 30 Jul 2018 15:15

Doh! I did know that just someone here used to use Abelton and have since removed. I think my brain needs a rest...I've been working on this too long. :|

Havoc911

Post by Havoc911 » 03 Aug 2018 00:50

Here is an updated version of the Add user defined plugin macro. This version will do everything with one button and avoids having to open and close the channel editor manually. You must assign a key command to "Edit channel settings for Selected" in the key command preferences. That key command is Alt+shift+E.
Add User Defined Plug-In V2.5.dat
(4.8 KiB) Downloaded 567 times

Support Team

Post by Support Team » 03 Aug 2018 14:26

Havoc911 wrote:
03 Aug 2018 00:50
Here is an updated version of the Add user defined plugin macro. This version will do everything with one button and avoids having to open and close the channel editor manually. You must assign a key command to "Edit channel settings for Selected" in the key command preferences. That key command is Alt+shift+E.

Add User Defined Plug-In V2.5.dat
Your Macro is not generic enough to be useful for all users, so we developed an updated version (actually three versions!) which don't need the Channel Editor opened.

These Macros automatically open the Channel Editor for the selected Track.
These Macros require that you select a Track before launching them.

This Macro looks for the currently selected Track in the Cubase/Nuendo Project window:
This Macro looks for the currently selected Track in the Cubase/Nuendo Mixer window:
This version of the Macro is the more generic one, and opens the Channel Editor for the currently active window (Project/Mix):
Add user defined Plug-In V3 [Cubase].dat
(4.97 KiB) Downloaded 553 times
Add user defined Plug-In V3 [Nuendo].dat
(4.99 KiB) Downloaded 521 times

These Macros, as the previous ones, can be configured by inspecting/editing the first Macro Command. Check it out!

Requirements:
  1. The minimum required DTouch version for this Macro is:
    • DTouch for Cubase: v 1.2.46
    • DTouch for Nuendo: v 1.1.26
  2. These Macros operate on the Track Channel Editor. The Channel Editor for the selected Track will be automatically opened, and will be left opened at the end of the Macro.

MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott » 03 Aug 2018 18:25

Thanks guys. I already change the original to do this when I first downloaded. Also added open all plugins on selected track and close all plugins. Also bypass all plugins and bypass all sends. Just for fun I also added a macro to open my lynx hilo remote mixer :twisted:
Actually had spare time and took a day in the studio to finish up all my macros/folders and workspaces for the standard version and now I'm finally happy! It was well worth the effort. :mrgreen:

One request I have...is it possible to have it so we can re arrange the order we have macros placed on the panels by dragging them, instead of un assigning and re assigning to different location?