How to write a Good Macro - Tutorial 1 (Cubase)

Discussions about Macros for DTouch for Cubase and DTouch for Nuendo
kjd01

Re: How to write a Good Macro - Tutorial 1 (Cubase)

Post by kjd01 » 15 Mar 2016 13:21

Hi Silvano,

I think this would be really great in a PDF that the user can download with the manual when they purchase your software. Not all users go to the forum and if they do it might be only after they have a problem.

DT_bettinzana

Post by DT_bettinzana » 15 Mar 2016 14:27

kjd01 wrote:Hi Silvano,

I think this would be really great in a PDF that the user can download with the manual when they purchase your software. Not all users go to the forum and if they do it might be only after they have a problem.
Yes, good idea!
Thank you.
Silvano Bettinzana
Devil Technologies

harry

Post by harry » 14 Jan 2017 12:56

Dear Dtouch team,

Thank you very much for the exellent tutorial, very useful. Since I very often use vst instruments, I wanted to have a macro adding automatically a specific instrument. Based on your totorial, I managed to do this for the Kontakt 5 player (see attachement) - seems to work, but maybe you can double check. Might be also useful for others. Would be also good to have this macro for a specific instrument within Kontakt, but I haven't managed to get that far.

Best,
Harry
Attachments
Add Kontakt.dat
(3.85 KiB) Downloaded 473 times

Support Team

Post by Support Team » 16 Jan 2017 14:56

harry wrote: Since I very often use vst instruments, I wanted to have a macro adding automatically a specific instrument. Based on your totorial, I managed to do this for the Kontakt 5 player (see attachement) - seems to work, but maybe you can double check. Might be also useful for others.
harry, please look at this improved Macro:
DT Add user defined Instrument Tracks.dat
(7.27 KiB) Downloaded 461 times
Main differences between this and yours:
  • You were using absolute mouse coordinates, while this Macro is using relative mouse coordinates (important!!!)
  • This Macro is using Cubase KeyCommands, instead of Windows shortcuts (it works even if a user changed some shortcuts in Cubase)
  • This Macro is easily configurable (customizing the first Macro Command) to add N Tracks, open a different Instrument, and adjust the final sleeping delay: you can easily duplicate and edit it, making it open a different Instrument!
Please test it and let us know if it works for you.

harry wrote: Would be also good to have this macro for a specific instrument within Kontakt, but I haven't managed to get that far.
Unfortunately, since the Kontakt GUI is so complicated, we currently don't have any idea about how to properly write a Macro that does this.

Home Studio 87

Post by Home Studio 87 » 17 Jan 2017 20:30

This Macro is easily configurable (customizing the first Macro Command) to add N Tracks, open a different Instrument, and adjust the final sleeping delay: you can easily duplicate and edit it, making it open a different Instrument!
So I try to edit this for another instrument, for me your macro open Kontakt 5, in your macro "choose instrument" y=158 & x=41, so how can I edit this to open another instrument in my plugin list ? I try with x=39 or x=37 and still open Kontakt..... I'm litlle bit lost here...... :oops:
Thank you.
Gigabyte GA-X99P-SLI / Intel Corei7 6800k / 32 Go DDR4 / 3x SSD / Win 10 Pro x64 / UAD Apollo Twin USB / UAD2 Satellite Octo USB / UAD2 Octo PCIe / Cubase Pro 10 / VEP6 / D-Touch Cubase / Console 1 / iPad 3 Lemur... /

DT_bettinzana

Post by DT_bettinzana » 18 Jan 2017 00:58

Home Studio 87 wrote:
This Macro is easily configurable (customizing the first Macro Command) to add N Tracks, open a different Instrument, and adjust the final sleeping delay: you can easily duplicate and edit it, making it open a different Instrument!
So I try to edit this for another instrument, for me your macro open Kontakt 5, in your macro "choose instrument" y=158 & x=41, so how can I edit this to open another instrument in my plugin list ? I try with x=39 or x=37 and still open Kontakt..... I'm litlle bit lost here...... :oops:
Thank you.
You mustn't think in terms of coordinates. You must think in terms of the name of the instrument.
Edit the first command line of the macro and insert the text of the name of your instrument. It is easier than what you can imagine.
Silvano Bettinzana
Devil Technologies

Home Studio 87

Post by Home Studio 87 » 18 Jan 2017 01:32

Yesssssss..... it's work.... :o

Thank you..........
Gigabyte GA-X99P-SLI / Intel Corei7 6800k / 32 Go DDR4 / 3x SSD / Win 10 Pro x64 / UAD Apollo Twin USB / UAD2 Satellite Octo USB / UAD2 Octo PCIe / Cubase Pro 10 / VEP6 / D-Touch Cubase / Console 1 / iPad 3 Lemur... /

harry

Post by harry » 21 Jan 2017 14:05

Thank you very much dtouch team! Works perfectly :-)

Constantine

Post by Constantine » 06 Feb 2017 14:31

Thanks. This is really impressive. An fx plugin on first free slot will be the next ninja level skills! :D

Home Studio 87

Post by Home Studio 87 » 06 Feb 2017 22:07

I wanna be a ninja !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: