Assigning a Macro to a key combination

Discussions about Macros for DTouch for Cubase and DTouch for Nuendo
pablo1980

Assigning a Macro to a key combination

Post by pablo1980 » 08 Oct 2018 15:12

Hi, Couldn´t find it in the manual, is there a way to assign a Dtouch Macro to Ctrl+p for example? Or a similar option in Cubase?

DT_bettinzana

Re: Assigning a Macro to a key combination

Post by DT_bettinzana » 09 Oct 2018 16:41

pablo1980 wrote:
08 Oct 2018 15:12
Hi, Couldn´t find it in the manual, is there a way to assign a Dtouch Macro to Ctrl+p for example? Or a similar option in Cubase?
It is not possible to asign a Macro to a key combination; only to a single key.
Silvano Bettinzana
Devil Technologies

pablo1980

Post by pablo1980 » 10 Oct 2018 14:51

Thanks Silvano, I used a spare key and got it working.

I have an additional request for this macro which is a bit strange,

In the past you made a step in the add plugin macro that checks if the channel editor is closed and then opens it.

Can you make one step that checks if the editor is open and then closes it? (the opposite of what you did)

Because I made a macro that opens the channel editor of the instrument that is connected to a midi channel (when you press the keycommand on a midi channel it opens the midi channel editor, which is somewhat useless).
I have made a workaround with mouse position recording, I can believe Cubase doesn´t have this keycommand already.

DT_bettinzana

Post by DT_bettinzana » 10 Oct 2018 15:37

pablo1980 wrote:
10 Oct 2018 14:51
Thanks Silvano, I used a spare key and got it working.

In the past you made a step in the add plugin macro that checks if the channel editor is closed and then opens it.

Can you make one step that checks if the editor is open and then closes it? (the opposite of what you did)

Because I made a macro that opens the channel editor of the instrument that is connected to a midi channel (when you press the keycommand on a midi channel it opens the midi channel editor, which is somewhat useless).
I have made a workaround with mouse position recording, I can believe Cubase doesn´t have this keycommand already.
OK, we will check this tomorrow and, if possible, we will post the macro here.
Silvano Bettinzana
Devil Technologies

Support Team

Post by Support Team » 11 Oct 2018 13:43

pablo1980 wrote:
10 Oct 2018 14:51

It's not a problem to close the Channel Editor.

However, we are not sure to understand your request.
Do you want to close the Channel Editor as the first step of the "Add plugin" Macro, or as the last step??

pablo1980

Post by pablo1980 » 11 Oct 2018 16:13

I need just the step to check if the editor is open and then close it (do nothing if the editor is not present)

Is not for the add plugin macro, this is for another macro I am making to select a midi channel and then open the instrument (that the midi channel is routed to) channel editor.

Thanks!

Support Team

Post by Support Team » 12 Oct 2018 06:57

pablo1980 wrote:
11 Oct 2018 16:13
I need just the step to check if the editor is open and then close it (do nothing if the editor is not present)
You can use the "Close all Channel Editor windows" Macro Command for this.

pablo1980

Post by pablo1980 » 12 Oct 2018 11:38

Thanks, but I think that the close all editors macro doesn´t work with the midi channel editor, is there a way to modify it?

Support Team

Post by Support Team » 12 Oct 2018 13:57

pablo1980 wrote:
12 Oct 2018 11:38
Thanks, but I think that the close all editors macro doesn´t work with the midi channel editor, is there a way to modify it?
In order to close the VST Instrument editor, you need to use a Python function of the DTouch Macro Engine.
It's called

Code: Select all

set_track_vsti_editor
and it's described in the DTouch User Guide v1.4.4, Chapter A.1.94

Examples:

Code: Select all

dtmacro.set_track_vsti_editor("Track", 5, 1)	# Opens the VSTi Editor of Track5
dtmacro.set_track_vsti_editor("Track", 3, 0)	# Closes the VSTi Editor of Track3
dtmacro.set_track_vsti_editor("Outbus", 2, 0)	# Closes the VSTi Editor of the second output bus
dtmacro.set_track_vsti_editor("Inbus", 2, 0)	# Closes the VSTi Editor of the second input bus
You should add this in your Macro by adding a User Code Macro Command, then writing this Python code in the User Code Editor.

pablo1980

Post by pablo1980 » 12 Oct 2018 14:03

I will check it out, but bear in mind I am not trying to close the vsti editor, but the midi channel editor. When you select a midi track and press the E button (or a keycommand to open the editor) it opens a midi editor, with midi send, midi vol, no eq, etc.

that is the one I need to close