No predefined macros available?

Discussions about Macros for DTouch for Cubase and DTouch for Nuendo
orthogonalrecords

No predefined macros available?

Post by orthogonalrecords » 24 Oct 2018 06:02

Hi all!

I am running DTouch for Cubase 1.4.14 - beta.
The DTouch manual states that there should be a lot of predefined macros already available.
However, when I click the "Macro Assign" button and the macro editor opens it is completely empty. No predefined macros whatsoever.
Do I need to import these macros from somewhere? And if yes, where would I get them?

Thanks,
Markus

Havoc911

Re: No predefined macros available?

Post by Havoc911 » 24 Oct 2018 13:01

Hi,

Most of my "macros" are actually just Cubase key commands assigned to a button. Have a look through this forum, as a few of us have shared macros that are useful to us.

orthogonalrecords

Post by orthogonalrecords » 24 Oct 2018 14:08

Thanks havoc, I already saw these.

However, the Dtouch manual says there should be a lot of macros readily available that have been programmed by the DT-team. Theres even a picture in the manual of the list of DT macros in the editor. I just can‘t find them.

MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott » 25 Oct 2018 14:51

That's odd. Are you selecting add new macro, because that's when you can access the drop down menu at the bottom with all the listed macros.

Oh I just re read your post. If the left column is empty that means you haven't added any macros yet. As per my above comment you have to add them to your list.

Havoc911

Post by Havoc911 » 25 Oct 2018 15:13

Yup, I think DTouch for Pro Tools has some pre-installed macros, but Cubase doesn't. You're better off customizing them to your workflow from the beginning, anyway.

orthogonalrecords

Post by orthogonalrecords » 25 Oct 2018 16:51

Ok, thanks guys. I will start adding some macros soon.

If Cubase doesn't come with predefined macros then I would suggest to correct the DTouch/Cubase & Nuendo Manual because that's rather confusing. :?

MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott » 27 Oct 2018 18:06

orthogonalrecords wrote:
25 Oct 2018 16:51
Ok, thanks guys. I will start adding some macros soon.

If Cubase doesn't come with predefined macros then I would suggest to correct the DTouch/Cubase & Nuendo Manual because that's rather confusing. :?
There are Cubase Macros provided but you have to add them. It's customized this way because everyone is going to have their own way of setting tool bars. First select "ADMIN" then select a button you want the macro to be on. Then select "Macro Assign". From there select "command type" and scroll down to "Cubase Key Command". Now scroll through the "Key Command" list to locate the type of cubase command you want. Select ADD on the right, Name your macro, select a color, ect. Then save and assign to macro button. This is by memory so might not be 100% accurate. If you need specific macros ask around here. Lots of help here :mrgreen:

orthogonalrecords

Post by orthogonalrecords » 28 Oct 2018 19:22

Thanks Michael, I saw that all and already set up a few macros using Cubase keycommands.

What I was refering to is, that the DTouch for Cubase Manual shows a pic of the macro editor with a list full of macros and says something about these in the text. So I was fooled into thinking that there must be a lot of macros already available right after installing DTouch. Therefore, I thought I must have missed something in the installation process.

Hope I made clear what my initial question was. Thanks again, request solved. :D