Using channel visibility configurations.

Discussions about Macros for DTouch for Cubase and DTouch for Nuendo
DT_bettinzana

Re: Using channel visibility configurations.

Post by DT_bettinzana » 13 Dec 2019 11:41

TonyR wrote:
12 Dec 2019 19:22
I have seen some functions and statements within the macros that are not listed or described within the user guide. For instance, in the macro “Add 8 Mono Audio Tracks” there is a step that executes “update_dtouch_mixer_graphic()”. There are also others that I have found that are not listed in the user guide that could be useful.
You are right. We keep "secret" some functions during the development because often documenting them is more time-expensive than programming them.
Keep in mind that very few of the users use the Python code because they aren't programmers.
Sometimes we also include new "secret" functions to perform beta-testing (with a limited group of users) directly in the officially-released version of DTouch ;)
TonyR wrote:
12 Dec 2019 19:22
For me, any functions that can effect the DT mixer, DT standard panel or DT nav pad Windows would be useful. Some of the button functions are only available from the those windows. As an example, the TopMost function on the Floating Mixer can only be used by pressing it or using a “move_mouse” to click it, but that is only of its in the same space to align x,y. I could see where if it were hidden, or minimized, it would be nice to be able to have a macro that could “set Floating Mixer 1 TopMost On” and then refresh the mixer graphic to cause it to be shown. Just one example. Having a list of those other functions could be useful to me.
OK, post here a list of desired functions and we will do our best to include them in the code. If the desired "action" is already performed by a button in a DTouch window, you can understand that writing the related python call function is almost trivial.

BTW, do you work with MIDI? Do you use Lemur-Like tools in your current setup to send MIDI cc to virtual instruments?
Silvano Bettinzana
Devil Technologies

TonyR

Post by TonyR » 13 Dec 2019 15:03

DT_bettinzana wrote:
13 Dec 2019 11:41
You are right. We keep "secret" some functions during the development because often documenting them is more time-expensive than programming them.
Keep in mind that very few of the users use the Python code because they aren't programmers.
Sometimes we also include new "secret" functions to perform beta-testing (with a limited group of users) directly in the officially-released version of DTouch ;)
I am a longtime Perl programmer, so Python is pretty easy to pick up. I am seeing a lot of opportunities with DT but need a better catalog of existing objects and methods. I would be interested in becoming a beta tester.
DT_bettinzana wrote:
OK, post here a list of desired functions and we will do our best to include them in the code. If the desired "action" is already performed by a button in a DTouch window, you can understand that writing the related python call function is almost trivial.
Do you want that list here in this thread, or should I create a new one? If a new post, the under this subforum or Wishlist?
DT_bettinzana wrote:
BTW, do you work with MIDI? Do you use Lemur-Like tools in your current setup to send MIDI cc to virtual instruments?

I do work some in midi but don’t use those tools...maybe I should check it out.

Thanks, Tony

DT_bettinzana

Post by DT_bettinzana » 13 Dec 2019 16:27

TonyR wrote:
13 Dec 2019 15:03
DT_bettinzana wrote:
I am a longtime Perl programmer, so Python is pretty easy to pick up. I am seeing a lot of opportunities with DT but need a better catalog of existing objects and methods. I would be interested in becoming a beta tester.
OK, our developers say that at the moment we don't have any "hidden" function which is not documented in the User Guide.
TonyR wrote:
DT_bettinzana wrote:
Do you want that list here in this thread, or should I create a new one? If a new post, the under this subforum or Wishlist?
Where you want. Probably a new thread is better.
TonyR wrote:
DT_bettinzana wrote:

I do work some in midi but don’t use those tools...maybe I should check it out.

Thanks, Tony
OK, I asked for this info because we are working on a new tool for building Lemur-like panels to be used of a large touchscreen on Windows and OS/X. There will be a lot of possibilities using our own developed widgets and Python language. A very nice tool in my opinion!
Silvano Bettinzana
Devil Technologies