Using channel visibility configurations.

Discussions about Macros for DTouch for Cubase and DTouch for Nuendo
petermcc

Re: Using channel visibility configurations.

Post by petermcc » 07 Dec 2019 03:56

My macro will not help you as it is relative to my setup, however when I am next with the computer I can send it to you. I am sure it will point you in the right direction.

I do exactly what you want. Setup so I have a mixer titled drums. All the relevant drum faders now appear in a DTouch mixer and fit the screen. This further allows me to remove all drum faders bar a drums master from my main DTouch mixer. Lots less space needed and a real productivity boost.

DT_bettinzana

Post by DT_bettinzana » 07 Dec 2019 10:39

TonyR wrote:
06 Dec 2019 23:04
Requires to be sure that you scroll the two mixers simultaneously. Wish DT could find a way to latch the tracks as they are selected in DT FMixer to be able to rid myself of the Cubase mixer.
That is the problem!
If we could keep in sync the two mixers, we would be at the pre-Cubase8.5 status ... with a perfectly integrated mixer. Unfortunately, this is not possible after the Cubase 8.5 Steinberg updates. But, this was already explained hundreds of times to all our users.
Keep in mind that the DTouch INTEGRATED mixer was the 90% of the DTouch code; there would be no reason to trash months of work if this would still be possible.
Silvano Bettinzana
Devil Technologies

TonyR

Post by TonyR » 08 Dec 2019 21:12

Thanks Silviano,

Just a little commentary before I provide some feedback.

I am a new user (customer) of DT. I wasn’t around during the 8.5 transition so this is all new to me. First I would like to say that I appreciate what DT brings to the table. Even without the Floating Mixer, the product brings a lot of useful functionality through the power of the macros (I will hit that a bit more in a minute). I did use the trial license and assumed that some of the mixer function would only be available in the full license version. Otherwise all I had to go on was the couple YouTube videos using the older full function Cubase mixer. Nowhere on the DT site is the depreciated mixer function mentioned. That said, I do not feel deceived and, as I said earlier, I appreciate what The current DT brings to the table. I understand your predicament and believe that you would like to bring that function back to DT.

Is there something that the DT Cubase User community can do to influence Steinberg to bring your interface back?

In as far as macros, would it be possible to publish an extensive DT Object and Attribute directory? I have some ideas for some useful macros but it takes days sometimes get a response and by then I have another 5 questions.

Thanks again for the great product and let me know if there is anything that the DT community can do to help.

Home Studio 87

Post by Home Studio 87 » 08 Dec 2019 23:54

TonyR wrote:
08 Dec 2019 21:12

Is there something that the DT Cubase User community can do to influence Steinberg to bring your interface back?
Well I dont think so...... ;)
Gigabyte GA-X99P-SLI / Intel Corei7 6800k / 32 Go DDR4 / 3x SSD / Win 10 Pro x64 / UAD Apollo Twin USB / UAD2 Satellite Octo USB / UAD2 Octo PCIe / Cubase Pro 10 / VEP6 / D-Touch Cubase / Console 1 / iPad 3 Lemur... /

TonyR

Post by TonyR » 09 Dec 2019 13:57

Home Studio 87 wrote:
08 Dec 2019 23:54
TonyR wrote:

Well I dont think so...... ;)
Hi Home Studio, do you work for DT or are you just providing a personal opinion?

Home Studio 87

Post by Home Studio 87 » 09 Dec 2019 14:01

Personal ;)
Gigabyte GA-X99P-SLI / Intel Corei7 6800k / 32 Go DDR4 / 3x SSD / Win 10 Pro x64 / UAD Apollo Twin USB / UAD2 Satellite Octo USB / UAD2 Octo PCIe / Cubase Pro 10 / VEP6 / D-Touch Cubase / Console 1 / iPad 3 Lemur... /

pablo1980

Post by pablo1980 » 09 Dec 2019 20:19

Yes, Steinberg is very well known for not being very fast with user requests....

Havoc911

Post by Havoc911 » 09 Dec 2019 22:20

pablo1980 wrote:
09 Dec 2019 20:19
Yes, Steinberg is very well known for not being very fast with user requests....
Hey now, it only took them until version 10.5 to color the channel strips in the mix window. :lol:

DT_bettinzana

Post by DT_bettinzana » 12 Dec 2019 16:54

TonyR wrote:
I don't think so.
In the best case we receive their answer to our SDK related questions with a delay of months :evil: In many other cases we receive no answer :(
Anyway, they have switched to OpenGL for all the Cubendo GUI; this was the cause of all the problems in DTouch. For sure they have invested a lot for this OpenGL switch and I suppose that they will never return back.
TonyR wrote:
In as far as macros, would it be possible to publish an extensive DT Object and Attribute directory? I have some ideas for some useful macros but it takes days sometimes get a response and by then I have another 5 questions.
Can you explain it better? We have documented all the Python commands in the DTouch User Guide. Do you need more? If yes, what?
Silvano Bettinzana
Devil Technologies

TonyR

Post by TonyR » 12 Dec 2019 19:22

Hi Silvano,

I have seen some functions and statements within the macros that are not listed or described within the user guide. For instance, in the macro “Add 8 Mono Audio Tracks” there is a step that executes “update_dtouch_mixer_graphic()”. There are also others that I have found that are not listed in the user guide that could be useful. For me, any functions that can effect the DT mixer, DT standard panel or DT nav pad Windows would be useful. Some of the button functions are only available from the those windows. As an example, the TopMost function on the Floating Mixer can only be used by pressing it or using a “move_mouse” to click it, but that is only of its in the same space to align x,y. I could see where if it were hidden, or minimized, it would be nice to be able to have a macro that could “set Floating Mixer 1 TopMost On” and then refresh the mixer graphic to cause it to be shown. Just one example. Having a list of those other functions could be useful to me.

Thanks, Tony