Cubase / windows 10 border removal

Discussions about Macros for DTouch for Cubase and DTouch for Nuendo
melph

Cubase / windows 10 border removal

Post by melph » 03 Nov 2019 21:39

Hello

I will start with an apology - I have read the user manual and can't find if there is a setting within Dtouch to do what I want.

I wish to remove the standard windows borders - so when I select the floating Mixer or other panels, I wish not to have the "X" or "-" showing. Is this possible?

So like in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-26Ca9Pyb4Y he has no windows borders showing.

I have unticked "Show control buttons on DTouch windows" - but I still get the X and - (plus borders)

Is this possible and if so, could you point me in the correct direction.#

Many thanks

DT_bettinzana

Re: Cubase / windows 10 border removal

Post by DT_bettinzana » 04 Nov 2019 13:50

melph wrote:
03 Nov 2019 21:39
Hello

I will start with an apology - I have read the user manual and can't find if there is a setting within Dtouch to do what I want.

I wish to remove the standard windows borders - so when I select the floating Mixer or other panels, I wish not to have the "X" or "-" showing. Is this possible?

So like in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-26Ca9Pyb4Y he has no windows borders showing.

I have unticked "Show control buttons on DTouch windows" - but I still get the X and - (plus borders)

Is this possible and if so, could you point me in the correct direction.#

Many thanks
Hello!
That video is regarding an older and very different version of DTouch.

In the current version you could set the checkbox "Show control buttons on DTouch windows" (check Chapter 5.1.1 in the current "DTouch for Cubase and Nuendo User Guide"), but this cannot hide the Floating Mixer window Title Bar. The title bar is mandatory to have a tool to move/maximize/resize that window.
Silvano Bettinzana
Devil Technologies

melph

Re: Cubase / windows 10 border removal

Post by melph » 04 Nov 2019 14:25

Thanks for the reply.

For me on my test set up, the white title bar when the mixer isn't the window in focus, was too much of a contrast to the dark theme of the DAW and Windows. However i have since found an edit to the registry to set my not in focus windows to black.