Macro to open the instrument track channel settings from a midi track

Discussions about Macros for DTouch for Cubase and DTouch for Nuendo
pablo1980

Macro to open the instrument track channel settings from a midi track

Post by pablo1980 » 19 Nov 2019 00:29

Hi, I want a macro to open the channel settings of the instrument track that is connected to a midi track.

When I select a midi track and press the open channel settings keycommand, it opens the Midi channel settings, and I want it to open the instrument track channel settings. I don´t know if I am making myself very clear.

I tried macro or mouse recording but it depended a lot of screen position and placements, and didn´t work reliably.

Is there a way to have a macro that does this?

Thanks!

DT_bettinzana

Re: Macro to open the instrument track channel settings from a midi track

Post by DT_bettinzana » 19 Nov 2019 14:41

pablo1980 wrote:
19 Nov 2019 00:29
Hi, I want a macro to open the channel settings of the instrument track that is connected to a midi track.

When I select a midi track and press the open channel settings keycommand, it opens the Midi channel settings, and I want it to open the instrument track channel settings. I don´t know if I am making myself very clear.

I tried macro or mouse recording but it depended a lot of screen position and placements, and didn´t work reliably.

Is there a way to have a macro that does this?

Thanks!
Hello Pablo!
You should explain better what you mean and how your template is organized.
Do you want to open the "CHANNEL SETTINGS" (the one with the EQ-curve, etc ...) of an Instrument track or do you want to open the GUI of a VSTi in the VSTi rack?
Please, make an example of your template and we will tell you if we can help you.
Silvano Bettinzana
Devil Technologies

pablo1980

Post by pablo1980 » 19 Nov 2019 19:45

Hi Silvano, I want to open the one with the EQ-curve, etc.

For example:
I have a piano midi track, routed to an instrument track which host a kontakt instance with a piano loaded.
There is a second "e" button in the inspector which opens the channel settings of that instrument track, but no keycommand to access it.
Attachments
cubase.jpg
cubase.jpg (287.36 KiB) Viewed 17234 times

DT_bettinzana

Post by DT_bettinzana » 20 Nov 2019 16:03

Hello!
We have checked, but we have no good solutions for this.
As you said, the only one could be to use the moouse cursor clicks, but it is an error-prone solution.
Silvano Bettinzana
Devil Technologies

pablo1980

Post by pablo1980 » 20 Nov 2019 21:30

Yes I imagined...I will keep annoying steinberg in the forum to add that keycommand

Home Studio 87

Post by Home Studio 87 » 21 Nov 2019 00:37

Good luck.... cause it's a very old request from Cubase user...... :cry: And it will be magic if DTouch can...... 8-)
Gigabyte GA-X99P-SLI / Intel Corei7 6800k / 32 Go DDR4 / 3x SSD / Win 10 Pro x64 / UAD Apollo Twin USB / UAD2 Satellite Octo USB / UAD2 Octo PCIe / Cubase Pro 10 / VEP6 / D-Touch Cubase / Console 1 / iPad 3 Lemur... /