Macro Mouse Move

Discussions about Macros for DTouch for Cubase and DTouch for Nuendo
TonyR

Macro Mouse Move

Post by TonyR » 10 Dec 2019 17:18

Hi, looking for some help using the Mouse Move macro instruction. Does the function work for the floating mixer? I bring Floating Mixer to the foreground, but Mouse Move seems to only work on the foreground Cubase window only.

I am trying to build a macro to hide (minimize) the Floating Mixer. Any thoughts?

UPDATE: I found the macro instruction for show and hide Floating Mixer, but it would still be nice to know how to move mouse and click within a DT window...if possible. Thanks in advance!

DT_bettinzana

Re: Macro Mouse Move

Post by DT_bettinzana » 11 Dec 2019 14:43

TonyR wrote:
10 Dec 2019 17:18
Hi, looking for some help using the Mouse Move macro instruction. Does the function work for the floating mixer? I bring Floating Mixer to the foreground, but Mouse Move seems to only work on the foreground Cubase window only.

I am trying to build a macro to hide (minimize) the Floating Mixer. Any thoughts?

UPDATE: I found the macro instruction for show and hide Floating Mixer, but it would still be nice to know how to move mouse and click within a DT window...if possible. Thanks in advance!
Hello!
To be honest I neither know if there could be some problems using the mouse move/click on the DTouch windows.
BUT, since we are the developers and have total control on those windows, the best is to ask us for an improvement of DTouch and the addition of new features. Usually, if something could be done with mouse move/click on a DTouch window, the implementation of that feature is almost trivial.
Silvano Bettinzana
Devil Technologies

TonyR

Post by TonyR » 11 Dec 2019 15:36

Hi Silvano,

Thanks for the reply. I actually found the solution this morning. I built a macro using dtmacro.mouse_move_rel(“SCREEN”,x,y) with the box to “hide DT windows during macro” unclicked. The tricky part was getting the x,y.

So what I am doing is within one macro:
1. Open DT Workspace 1
2. Move mouse to the TopMost button of the floating mixer (using the macro described above)
3. Left mouse click
4. Move mouse to the Standard Panel Show/Hide button (again the same macro with different x,y values)
5) Left mouse click

There are a couple sleeps in there and it works great. The key here is that the WS1 puts the Windows in the exact spot every time so the x,y is always spot-on and clicking off the “hide DT Windows” so the click happens to the DT windows.

What I will suggest as an improvement is the ability to control the DT windows using lower level instructions. Things such as size, minimize, maximize, TopMost, etc. without having to use mouse moves and clicks.

Very powerful tool here!

TonyR

Post by TonyR » 11 Dec 2019 23:10

Here are a couple pics and a video of what I explained above.

Video: https://youtu.be/NnJO0DEKFGI

Pics:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/1E5cLy2Ec3UseC19A
https://photos.app.goo.gl/b4HXcFqjchttkzjb9