Suggestions for Navigation/Transport Improvement

Post here requests for new features about any Aida Sound product
Terran

Suggestions for Navigation/Transport Improvement

Post by Terran » 21 Oct 2016 12:19

Hello,

I have a few suggestions for better workflow especially in the project window:

1. I noticed that I can use pinch with 2 fingers to zoom in/out inside the project window. That to me proves that there is some multitouch capability there. I feel this hasn't been fully explored though. I noticed that when pinching, the CTRL indicator lights up, which suggests that it is somehow mapped from the mousewheel, which zooms in or out when you are holding CTRL button on your keyboard. You can also use mousewheel to scroll horizontally in the project when SHIFT is pressed on the keyboard. If this was mapped to using 2 fingers on touchscreen to swipe left and right, it would be much more practical than using the NavPad.

2. There isnt any Jog/Shuttle/Scrub functionality built into Dtouch. It would be awesome to have another pad (similar to NavPad) with 3 modes to choose from - Jog, Shuttle, Scrub. According to which mode you select, you could move the playhead cursor along the project window. That would be very practical in my opinion. Even more so, if the window was floatable and accesible also on the Mix Window. It could easily replace the ScreenPad, which for taking some of the screen real estate I havent found any use for. The ScreenPad doesnt contribute to my workflow at all.

3. I know this is already in the works, but a dedicated EditPad is something that could improve editing workflow tremendously. With modes like Move Horizontal, Move Vertical, Trim Head, Trim Tail, Slip, Fade In, Fade Out and Clip Gain, it would be a godsend. I'll be waiting patienly for this!

Thanks for continuing to improve Dtouch with every new version! I hope some of these improvements will be implemented in one of the upcoming versions.

Boris.