Toolbar and floating window customisation (Pro Tools)

Post here requests for new features about any Aida Sound product
~ufo~

Toolbar and floating window customisation (Pro Tools)

Post by ~ufo~ » 20 Feb 2016 22:23

It would be nice if we could customise the toolbars a bit more and/or have toolbar sets/pages we could swap between.
Say we can make one for general use, one for audio editing, one for MIDI editing. Whatever.

Also since it's nice to have some tools as close to where we're working as possible, without them getting in the way, it would be nice if we can expand on floating windows / macro folders a bit.

-semi transparant
-resizable
-customisable

I'm sure we can come up with other ideas.

Keep up the good work fellers!
Yvo van Gemert
Pro Tools Ultimate 2021.12 on 16 Core Ryzen 3950X, Iiyama T27, 23" Apple Cinema display, iPad with PT | Control app, no lava lamp.

kjd01

Re: Toolbar and floating window customisation (Pro Tools)

Post by kjd01 » 21 Feb 2016 10:08

I extend this wish to Cubase as well.

DT_bettinzana

Post by DT_bettinzana » 23 Feb 2016 18:38

Hello guys,

this is in our to-do list from a lot of time! We need a bit of rest to start thinking about this. It is definitely one of the most requested feature.
We waited to start working on this because we want to implement a good solution. We don't want giant toolbars and I am not a fan of floating ones. We want very compact toolbars and we don't want to waste space in the Edit/Project window. Dealing with complex panels (like the transport one) is not easy. You know that our toolbars are very compact and we are proud of it. We want to keep this valid for the custom toolbars too.

Silvano Bettinzana
Devil Technologies
Silvano Bettinzana
Devil Technologies

Holger

Post by Holger » 08 Mar 2016 11:32

I also don't like windows covering everything, but it could be quite handy for the macro folders.

Why don't let us specify the grid size of a new folder? I'd like to have, let's say a folder with a grid size of 1x6 which would hold 6 macro buttons vertically. Would be very handy to put the most used tools for tracking in there and then just move the window left over the tracks list.

The folders right now with 40 (?) slots takes up quite some screen space.
 MBPr 15" (Mid 2015) i7, Pro Tools 12.4, Studio One 3, UA Apollo Quad Firewire, DTouch (Hanns.G HT273HPB)

DT_bettinzana

Post by DT_bettinzana » 08 Mar 2016 13:47

Holger wrote:I also don't like windows covering everything, but it could be quite handy for the macro folders.

Why don't let us specify the grid size of a new folder? I'd like to have, let's say a folder with a grid size of 1x6 which would hold 6 macro buttons vertically. Would be very handy to put the most used tools for tracking in there and then just move the window left over the tracks list.

The folders right now with 40 (?) slots takes up quite some screen space.
Yes, that is a good idea.
In DTouch for Cubase we have introduced folders with different form factor, but they still contain 40 buttons. We could introduce smaller macro folders with less buttons. To keep the compatibility with the previous versions (or with larger folders), the buttons included in the smaller panels will be a subset of the larger ones (starting from the first).
Silvano Bettinzana
Devil Technologies