Cubase Macros / Fader Pack Latest

Post here requests for new features about any Aida Sound product
cpia2002

Cubase Macros / Fader Pack Latest

Post by cpia2002 » 16 Apr 2017 10:13

Hi Guys,
As a Cubase D Touch user, i am eagerly awaiting the Macro pack that pro tools already has for D Touch . Is the Cubase library going to be coming soon or is there still alot to be done ?

I have made a few of my own but a library would be great to 1) use 2) get ideas from , so we can post more for people on this forum .

For me personally as a producer of mainly midi music, Midi Macros would be great .

Also while i am here, i have the latest .51 version as of now, of D Touch, but not sure what changes have been made recently as the last change log is from .35 in December - Can anyone clarify ?

I remember back in about Feb , Silv was talking about a big Cubase update for D Touch, is this already here , or is it still to come - Just curious ?

Finally, just asking from Curiousity, did the Fader pack for 27 inch screens ever get off the ground, or was it too expensive / not enough demand ? I know a few were wondering over on another forum .

Keep up the great work,

Jelfsy

P.s. could you add me to the private discussion also ?

Constantine

Re: Cubase Macros / Fader Pack Latest

Post by Constantine » 16 Apr 2017 18:28

cpia2002 wrote:
16 Apr 2017 10:13
Also while i am here, i have the latest .51 version as of now, of D Touch, but not sure what changes have been made recently as the last change log is from .35 in December - Can anyone clarify ? ...

I remember back in about Feb , Silv was talking about a big Cubase update for D Touch, is this already here , or is it still to come - Just curious ?

Hello cpia2002

Version V1.2.51 is a work in progress. And yes is part of the Update he announced. And a lot of changes has been made. If Silvano add you to the private discussion, you'll see. Is a Huge post up there.

Constantine

cpia2002

Post by cpia2002 » 19 Apr 2017 11:31

Great, i have installed the latest . Can you give me an idea of the kind of new things so far in this release, as their is no manual yet for it.

I have emailed DTouch and asked to be added to the private discussion. Excited for this and to see a macro library , which for me will help my workflow loads :) :)

DT_bettinzana

Post by DT_bettinzana » 20 Apr 2017 00:06

cpia2002 wrote:
As a Cubase D Touch user, i am eagerly awaiting the Macro pack that pro tools already has for D Touch . Is the Cubase library going to be coming soon or is there still alot to be done ?
Hello!
We will have a library in future.
At the moment we have helped some users to write their preferred macros.
Honestly, we have very limited time resources to write tons of macros just to "advertise" a library. I think that it has more sense to spend some time writing user-specific useful macros.
We have discovered that a lot of macros included in the library for Pro Tools were neither loaded by one single user, so ... why waste our time. I must manage the time of our developers and we have still a lot to be done!
cpia2002 wrote:
Also while i am here, i have the latest .51 version as of now, of D Touch, but not sure what changes have been made recently as the last change log is from .35 in December - Can anyone clarify ?
Now you have access to the private forum; as Constantine said, check there and you will find some answers to your questions.
BTW: the update is becoming more important than what I predicted some months ago. We are in the middle of a huge job. If you work with MIDI and Virtual Instruments, you will find the new update an epic advancement of DTouch.
cpia2002 wrote:
Finally, just asking from Curiousity, did the Fader pack for 27 inch screens ever get off the ground, or was it too expensive / not enough demand ? I know a few were wondering over on another forum .
You make me cry ... because I will be the first to install it in my studio :D
I really want it and we will have it, but it will not be for everyone (money-speaking)
Silvano Bettinzana
Devil Technologies

Kevjak51

Post by Kevjak51 » 21 Apr 2017 13:51

Hi There,

Are you going to have a similar thing to Raven 3.3 Gestures for Cubase?

DT_bettinzana

Post by DT_bettinzana » 21 Apr 2017 14:36

Kevjak51 wrote:
21 Apr 2017 13:51
Hi There,

Are you going to have a similar thing to Raven 3.3 Gestures for Cubase?
I hate the "gestures".
Anyway, what of those gestures do you think are useful?
Silvano Bettinzana
Devil Technologies

~ufo~

Post by ~ufo~ » 22 Apr 2017 12:06

I saw the Raven gestures video.

I'm sure a few of them could be very useful. I can't tell by only looking at the video.
For instance the two finger turn seemed a bit weird for fades and everything, but maybe when you do it it feels considerably normal.

Gestures that I would most like to see in both Cubase and PT are:

One or two finger scrolling, both vertically and horizontally.
Pinch zoom to enlarge individual (and/or selected) tracks, not necessarily to zoom the whole screen, like Slate have done.

Maybe gestures that allow you to change the the 'zoom' of midi (the key range displayed in the in place editor), likewise to zoom the waveform in and out vertically.

Silvano, do I remember correctly that you once said that enabling gestures creates a delay in the touch response?
I remember hearing some about the system needing some time to understand whether something is a gesture, a drag or an error and during that time there is erratic/wobbly pointer/mouse behaviour, which makes it problematic for faders.
If this is true (and I'm not imagining things) maybe there could be gesture 'hot zones'?
For example: No gestures on the mixer, but gestures in the edit/arrange window.
Maybe even making the nav pads gesture sensitive.
I think I've mentioned this before.

Like I said, they are usually quite simple gestures that would help me the most.
Although the gesture to close a plugin window might be handy.
Yvo van Gemert
Pro Tools Ultimate 2021.12 on 16 Core Ryzen 3950X, Iiyama T27, 23" Apple Cinema display, iPad with PT | Control app, no lava lamp.

DT_bettinzana

Post by DT_bettinzana » 22 Apr 2017 14:16

~ufo~ wrote:
22 Apr 2017 12:06
Gestures that I would most like to see in both Cubase and PT are:

One or two finger scrolling, both vertically and horizontally.
Pinch zoom to enlarge individual (and/or selected) tracks, not necessarily to zoom the whole screen, like Slate have done.

Maybe gestures that allow you to change the the 'zoom' of midi (the key range displayed in the in place editor), likewise to zoom the waveform in and out vertically.
OK, I could agree with you.
~ufo~ wrote:
Silvano, do I remember correctly that you once said that enabling gestures creates a delay in the touch response?
I remember hearing some about the system needing some time to understand whether something is a gesture, a drag or an error and during that time there is erratic/wobbly pointer/mouse behaviour, which makes it problematic for faders.
If this is true (and I'm not imagining things) maybe there could be gesture 'hot zones'?
For example: No gestures on the mixer, but gestures in the edit/arrange window.
In past we spoke about gestures on the DTouch Mixer overlay. If you enable the gestures on the mixer overlay, they are there with all their drawbacks.
At the moment you are lucky if you can enable the gestures with "window granularity"; for sure not "finer" at an intra-window-zones level. The worst scenarion is at "system" level, where you should enable the getures at the complete OS level. I should check to be more precise.
Read in the following about Windows Vs OSX and a more complete explanation.
~ufo~ wrote:
Maybe even making the nav pads gesture sensitive.
I think I've mentioned this before.
OK, even if I would not be crazy for gestures on a so small area.
~ufo~ wrote:
Although the gesture to close a plugin window might be handy.
Really? Is that better than a button? I am not sure, but I think that the Raven gesture close only the last open plug-in, not the one under your gesturing-fingers. So, why not use a button? Faster, more precise ...

My personal opinion: gestures are not for fast working. Why should I deal/fight with more fingers when I could do the same with a button? Really, I wouldn't want to become crazy with this stupid workflow; I like buttons.
I could agree with you regarding the zooming gestures, but continue to read ...

... now the problems:

1) Read my previous comments about the activation of the gestures at OS level. I am speaking about Windows, because OS X is not done for touch so no native gestures on it.

2) Windows OS manages the messages directed to an application window; if you "pinch" on a window (lets say the Pro Tools Edit window), Windows will send a message to that Pro Tools window, not to DTouch. If PT understands the gestures, OK! Otherwise, NOTHING, because DTouch will neither know that the user has done that.
So those zooming gestures on the PT Edit windows should be managed by PT itself, not DTouch.

3) OS X: in this case DTouch is "directly" interfaced with the touchscreen and receives ALL the touch messages. In this case DTouch could understand a gesture, discovering that it is "located" on the PT Edit window and perform an action like sending a keycommand to PT (like the NavPad does).
Another option is to send an emulated "Apple magic trackpad" message to OS X and pray that PT understand it. This is probably what the Raven SW does for some of those gestures.

I think that the Slate guys are doing very few: in fact they say (not very publicly!) that this works only on the Mti2, because it uses a licensed TouchBase driver on OS X which have a gestures management. The Mti1 uses a PQ-Labs driver which, probably, doesn't (or partially) support the gestures.
They show the gestures on OS X. I am not sure that those Raven gestures work on Windows. But, as always, the are very good in shoting misleading videos.

So, to resume: this gestures matter seems to me more a marketing than a useful feature.
I remember my first experience with an iPad:
I needed to open the Google Calendar page showing a week on Safari (because the G-Calendar App if fucking horrible) and I wanted to move A LOT of my appointments from one day to some others. The Calendar cells were too small and I made a huge use of that fantastic pich_zoom gesture. Know what? I went to my office, started my PC with my 27" screen and completed the 90% of the job in 1/30 of the time in a more relaxed way.
If you want to browse a web-page in a pub with your phone, it is OK, but ... working some hours a day???

I agree on one thing: we should have a better NavPad. I am telling this from 2 years and we will do it sooner or later.
Silvano Bettinzana
Devil Technologies

MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott » 22 Apr 2017 15:09

As per the macro library...we should have a zone for sharing what most of us have already made. I don't mind sharing but this becomes personal so what i may find useful might not be useful for you. List what you would like in a macro lib and maybe some of us already have that for you. :D

cpia2002

Post by cpia2002 » 24 Apr 2017 13:28

Hi Michael .

Yes a share zone would be great. I am just been working on my DTouch library of Macros .

Alot of Midi , editing and workflow ones - mostly using simple key commands and logical editors.

I am going to try more complex ones shortly.

Can i ask what type of Macros you have ?

PJ