Cubase Macros / Fader Pack Latest

Post here requests for new features about any Aida Sound product
MichaelScott

Re: Cubase Macros / Fader Pack Latest

Post by MichaelScott » 26 Apr 2017 02:11

Last edited by MichaelScott on 26 Apr 2017 02:14, edited 2 times in total.

MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott » 26 Apr 2017 02:13

cpia2002 wrote:
24 Apr 2017 13:28
Hi Michael .

Yes a share zone would be great. I am just been working on my DTouch library of Macros .

Alot of Midi , editing and workflow ones - mostly using simple key commands and logical editors.

I am going to try more complex ones shortly.

Can i ask what type of Macros you have ?

PJ
Most of what I have in use comes from the Cubase Key Command, Process Logical Presets and Process Project Logical Editor. Like most of the midi related commands. The rest are dedicated to tasks like Add a set number of tracks,
or add a specific plug-in to a track in the mixer view or in the project view, or bring up a floating transport, ect. :mrgreen:

DT_bettinzana

Post by DT_bettinzana » 29 Apr 2017 11:16

Just to complete the discussion about the gestures support in the new Raven SW, I have just seen that a Windows Raven user has declared that they have no gestures support on Windows. (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/12595125-post87.html for reference).
As explained previously, I imagined this.
Silvano Bettinzana
Devil Technologies

MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott » 29 Apr 2017 15:16

DT_bettinzana wrote:
29 Apr 2017 11:16
Just to complete the discussion about the gestures support in the new Raven SW, I have just seen that a Windows Raven user has declared that they have no gestures support on Windows. (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/12595125-post87.html for reference).
Not only that, but no support on the MTi1 owner. :|

DT_bettinzana

Post by DT_bettinzana » 29 Apr 2017 16:36

MichaelScott wrote:
29 Apr 2017 15:16
DT_bettinzana wrote:
29 Apr 2017 11:16
Not only that, but no support on the MTi1 owner. :|
Yes, I knew it and I have explained why they have the gestures support only on the Raven for Mac and only for the MTi2: it is because that is the only case in which they use a TouchBase driver.
They also say that they are working to have the support for the gestures on the other platforms, but I think that this is more marketing than a real thing.
Silvano Bettinzana
Devil Technologies

clonewar

Post by clonewar » 29 Apr 2017 21:21

DT_bettinzana wrote:
22 Apr 2017 14:16
I think that the Slate guys are doing very few: in fact they say (not very publicly!) that this works only on the Mti2, because it uses a licensed TouchBase driver on OS X which have a gestures management. The Mti1 uses a PQ-Labs driver which, probably, doesn't (or partially) support the gestures.
They show the gestures on OS X. I am not sure that those Raven gestures work on Windows. But, as always, the are very good in shoting misleading videos.

So, to resume: this gestures matter seems to me more a marketing than a useful feature.
The Raven gestures feature is 100% the UPDD Gestures application, it's not in the Raven software itself. Slate is providing UPDD Gestures profiles for different DAW applications, which just assign different key commands to the various gestures to work with your DAW. Maybe they had to update Raven to be more compatible with Gestures, anyway they even mention that some gestures can be incorrectly triggered by moving more than one fader in the mixer.. I guess if you touch one fader and then move to another fader and touch that one you could end up triggering a two or three finger drag, or a pinch, etc.

The one gesture that I'd really like to try out is pinch to zoom the entire screen. Screen zoom is one of my favorite macOS features, and it could be really useful when working with a touchscreen. It's a function of UPDD Gestures and Accessibility settings in macOS.

I know that DTouch works with the UPDD TUIO driver, do you have any reason to believe that DTouch wouldn't work with the UPDD Gestures application? Even if it's not officially supported by DTouch, it would be a nice customization for users that wanted to add some gestures to their workflow.

I do know that there are downsides to gestures. I've read through the UPDD Gestures documentation and even they admit that the application introduces a touch interface lag because the software is always trying to determine if you're triggering a gesture before passing the event along. That could get very frustrating and be similar to my experience with Windows 10 (which at least has gotten better over the last couple of updates).

Hmm.. now that I think about it, can a DTouch macro trigger Mac screen zoom? For example, if screen zoom is setup for CTRL+mouse scroll wheel in Accessibility, will a macro sending CTRL + mouse scroll wheel up or down zoom the screen in our out? If so then we could create shortcut keys on the physical keyboard to zoom the entire screen in and out.
Michael Nazari

DTouch for Cubase Walkthrough:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-26Ca9Pyb4Y

DT_bettinzana

Post by DT_bettinzana » 29 Apr 2017 23:54

clonewar wrote:
29 Apr 2017 21:21
The one gesture that I'd really like to try out is pinch to zoom the entire screen. Screen zoom is one of my favorite macOS features, and it could be really useful when working with a touchscreen. It's a function of UPDD Gestures and Accessibility settings in macOS.
I think that if you MUST use this "pinch to zoom the entire screen", something is wrong in your setup (dimension of your touchscreen). I couldn't live if I would be forced to use this gesture.
clonewar wrote:
I know that DTouch works with the UPDD TUIO driver, do you have any reason to believe that DTouch wouldn't work with the UPDD Gestures application? Even if it's not officially supported by DTouch, it would be a nice customization for users that wanted to add some gestures to their workflow.
I don't know and I neither find a reason to test this. I think that the use of the gestures is not good for these applications. I would prefer to assign a macro to a QWERTY keyboard, to a relegendable keypad or to a DTouch soft-button. The only useful gesture, in my opinion, is a zoom/pan in the edit window, but this should be implemented by the DAW developers (at least on Windows).
Silvano Bettinzana
Devil Technologies

MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott » 01 May 2017 14:08

cpia2002 wrote:
Hi Michael .

Yes a share zone would be great. I am just been working on my DTouch library of Macros .

Alot of Midi , editing and workflow ones - mostly using simple key commands and logical editors.

PJ
I have tried several times to send you a pm but they just sit in my out box so I cannot send you the info...anyone know why this might be happening?

MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott » 01 May 2017 14:10

DT_bettinzana wrote:
29 Apr 2017 23:54
clonewar wrote:
I think that if you MUST use this "pinch to zoom the entire screen", something is wrong in your setup (dimension of your touchscreen). I couldn't live if I would be forced to use this gesture.
clonewar wrote:
I don't know and I neither find a reason to test this. I think that the use of the gestures is not good for these applications. I would prefer to assign a macro to a QWERTY keyboard, to a relegendable keypad or to a DTouch soft-button. The only useful gesture, in my opinion, is a zoom/pan in the edit window, but this should be implemented by the DAW developers (at least on Windows).
It works in Reaper btw, zoom anyways.

DT_bettinzana

Post by DT_bettinzana » 01 May 2017 15:29

MichaelScott wrote:
01 May 2017 14:08
cpia2002 wrote:
Hi Michael .

PJ
I have tried several times to send you a pm but they just sit in my out box so I cannot send you the info...anyone know why this might be happening?
I am sorry! Tomorrow I will ask to our guys because I don't know how this things works :cry:
Silvano Bettinzana
Devil Technologies