Listen Button and Bigger Scroll Bar

Post here requests for new features about any Aida Sound product
kjd01

Listen Button and Bigger Scroll Bar

Post by kjd01 » 21 Feb 2016 10:10

I know you told me it couldn't be done but I am putting it on the wishlist anyway.
I would love to see the Listen button placed on the normal default fader view in Cubase.
I would also like to see an overlay on the bottom scroll bar making it bigger and better suited to using your finger.

DT_bettinzana

Re: Listen Button and Bigger Scroll Bar

Post by DT_bettinzana » 23 Feb 2016 18:28

kjd01 wrote:I know you told me it couldn't be done but I am putting it on the wishlist anyway.
OK!
kjd01 wrote:I would love to see the Listen button placed on the normal default fader view in Cubase.
This could be done at the expense of some other buttons. Or we could introduce some "alternate" types of DTouch channel strip.
What do you think?
kjd01 wrote:I would also like to see an overlay on the bottom scroll bar making it bigger and better suited to using your finger.
OK, I am sorry, this cannot be done!

Silvano Bettinzana
Devil Technologies
Silvano Bettinzana
Devil Technologies

MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott » 27 Feb 2016 13:56

As per the bottom scroll, I have my desktop slightly extended in a way that when in the dtouch overlay, I can just rest my finger on the bottom touch frame and hit that thin scroll bar everytime acurately without issue. Only downside is I have to use the mouse to access the windows task bar at the bottom.
Most of time for scroll I'm using the top meter section I have visable in cubase which is plenty wide enough for your finger.

DT_bettinzana

Post by DT_bettinzana » 27 Feb 2016 17:31

MichaelScott wrote:Most of time for scroll I'm using the top meter section I have visable in cubase which is plenty wide enough for your finger.
Yes, this is the most safe tool to scroll.

Silvano Bettinzana
Devil Technologies
Silvano Bettinzana
Devil Technologies

studiodaz1

Post by studiodaz1 » 27 Feb 2016 18:33

kjd01 wrote:I would love to see the Listen button placed on the normal default fader view in Cubase.
This could be done at the expense of some other buttons. Or we could introduce some "alternate" types of DTouch channel strip.
What do you think?
How about an option to swap solo for the listen button? or a control listen mode on/ solo mode on?

kjd01

Post by kjd01 » 29 Feb 2016 10:42

I like the idea of using a special key and then touch the Solo or Mute function. How about if you pressed the Fine Button or one of the other buttons then the graphics for the buttons could change to Listen and one of the other functions I can't think of right now. Then when you release the special button it goes back to Solo and Mute.

DT_bettinzana

Post by DT_bettinzana » 29 Feb 2016 17:23

kjd01 wrote:I like the idea of using a special key and then touch the Solo or Mute function. How about if you pressed the Fine Button or one of the other buttons then the graphics for the buttons could change to Listen and one of the other functions I can't think of right now. Then when you release the special button it goes back to Solo and Mute.
Yes, why not!
Keyboard key modifiers which temporarily switch the regular channel strip to an "alternate" version? What do you think?

Silvano Bettinzana
Devil Technologies
Silvano Bettinzana
Devil Technologies

studiodaz1

Post by studiodaz1 » 29 Feb 2016 21:03

Yes, why not!
Keyboard key modifiers which temporarily switch the regular channel strip to an "alternate" version? What do you think?

Silvano Bettinzana
Devil Technologies
I think for my workflow a temporarily switch would be a little fiddly and not as good as a switchable modifier that swaps solo to Listen and only changes back on pressing the key modifiers a 2nd time.

In Cubase the Solo buttons is now useless for me because anyone listening to the headphone/cue mix will also hear a channel being Soloed which isn't what you would want to do then recording. In Cubase the Listen buttons works just like you would expect a Solo on a real mixing desk, it will not interrupt the mix being sent to the cue mix.