DFader plug in parameter resolution

Post here requests for new features about any Aida Sound product
Graham B

DFader plug in parameter resolution

Post by Graham B » 20 Aug 2017 00:21

Hi there,

I'm a totally new user, trying DFader (with a Faderport) for the first time today. I'm very impressed, and at the same time disappointed - It works exactly as expected and I'll probably buy - but:
I've become aware of a problem with control of (most) plugin parameters - this applies also to touch or mouse control. It's often necessary (required!) to hold control to make fine adjustments. Some plugins make 1dB jumps as the cursor moves up and down, but 0.1dB jumps if control is held (e.g. some SlateDigital!?). I presume if I were running DTouch, I'd have a nearby 'control' macro button to hold while adjusting??
Using my left hand on the physical fader (which takes it away from it's usual resting place near the keyboard modifiers), I have to take my right hand from the mouse to hold 'ctrl', which makes the whole operation rather difficult compared to holding ctrl with my left hand and turning the mouse wheel!

I had an idea for a DFader 'Auto Fine Adjust' mode:
If the rate of change of data stream (from the fader) falls below a set level (fader moving slowly), the 'ctrl' modifier is added.
Could that be made to happen? Would it work?

Graham

Graham B

Re: DFader plug in parameter resolution

Post by Graham B » 20 Aug 2017 01:13

Actually, if there were an option to add 'ctrl' to 'mouse button down', that would probably solve my problem - combined with a high sensitivity setting of course.

DT_bettinzana

Post by DT_bettinzana » 24 Aug 2017 13:43

Hello Graham,

that is a great idea. We could experiment with both the solutions (auto-fine with very low fader speed and the last one).
My only concern is that at the moment DFader doesn't emulate any keyboard keypress. Since we have already implemented the keypress emulation capabilities in DTouch, you can imagine that we have the know-how, but DFader was designed to be less "invasive" as possible.

For sure I will ask to our developers for this implementation at the init of September, after the "long" italian holiday. It will not be difficult to be implemented for testing, so we should be able to give you a feedback soon.
Silvano Bettinzana
Devil Technologies

Graham B

Post by Graham B » 24 Aug 2017 14:04

Hi,

Thanks for responding.
I'm actually now thinking of getting DTouch. Will I be licensed to use DFader if I purchase DTouch btw?

I have a similar problem with fine parameter control using the Faderport encoder. Is this not a problem for anyone else?
I suppose using touch along with cntl isn't a problem - I've yet to find that out!

Graham