Add some buttons to DTouch Application Window

Post here requests for new features about any Aida Sound product
kjd01

Add some buttons to DTouch Application Window

Post by kjd01 » 21 Feb 2016 10:21

I would like to be able to start DTouch and then press a button on the Dtouch application to start my DAW e.g. Cubase. When I close DTouch it would also be good to have a button to close Cubase. To take this further you could then add different view options in the form of buttons. For example start Cubase with Control Room Visible, Start Cubase with Control Room Hidden etc.

DT_bettinzana

Re: Add some buttons to DTouch Application Window

Post by DT_bettinzana » 22 Feb 2016 18:38

kjd01 wrote:I would like to be able to start DTouch and then press a button on the Dtouch application to start my DAW e.g. Cubase. When I close DTouch it would also be good to have a button to close Cubase.
OK, we keep this in our to-do list, even if there could be some problem.
kjd01 wrote:To take this further you could then add different view options in the form of buttons. For example start Cubase with Control Room Visible, Start Cubase with Control Room Hidden etc.
Without going too deep in the DTouch implementation details, I think that this is not only complex but almost impossible. The change of the layout (Control Room visible or not, etc ...) require the installation of different DLLs which permit the communication between DTouch and Cubase. It is not possible to change the DLLs at run-time and this also require "administrator" provileges to the application.
Not easy and not very safe, in my opinion.

Silvano Bettinzana
Devil Technologies
Silvano Bettinzana
Devil Technologies